Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the y connector or splitter harness to run your saddlebag speakers with your trunk speakers for a Chieftain or Roadmaster. I determined I already had too many accessories under the seat to go this route. Never used it, only opened the box to take photos. I bought it on cheap cycle and paid a little over 100. Make a reasonable offer to include shipping from the KC area.

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
This is the y connector or splitter harness to run your saddlebag speakers with your trunk speakers for a Chieftain or Roadmaster. I determined I already had too many accessories under the seat to go this route. Never used it, only opened the box to take photos. I bought it on cheap cycle and paid a little over 100. Make a reasonable offer to include shipping from the KC area.
I'm interested. I'll PM later when I'm home from work

·
Rider
967 Posts
What year is this for? I think there is a difference between 2018 and previous years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to Indian’s web site it only fits the 2017-2018. I’ve had trouble with their website and part #’s since I’ve had my Indian.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks for the respect, @Wind Horse . @Indianpapa , I have a 2016 Springfield so I think I should call the dealer in the morning to confirm compatibility. If it is compatible with my bike, I would offer $80 plus the ride. If that's too low, I'll let it go to Wind Horse otherwise we can finalize this tomorrow before noon EST. Thank you for allowing me the time to respond.

·
Rider
967 Posts
Thanks for the respect, @Wind Horse . @Indianpapa , I have a 2016 Springfield so I think I should call the dealer in the morning to confirm compatibility. If it is compatible with my bike, I would offer $80 plus the ride. If that's too low, I'll let it go to Wind Horse otherwise we can finalize this tomorrow before noon EST. Thank you for allowing me the time to respond.
No problem @anderson930. I have a 2018 chieftain so I'm pretty sure it will work for me. I bout lids and speakers off this site but I think they are for a 2014 through 2016. I may have tha harness you are looking for. I have the under seat amp and everything. Maybe we can work a deal if this one doesn't work for you. I was right at the same number you were with the $80 so I hope that works for @Indianpapa.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I just got off the phone with the parts guy at the dealer and he confirmed compatibility of this harness with my bike. He also said that this is the only part number for the audio harness and that it will fit all models..

·
Rider
967 Posts
I just got off the phone with the parts guy at the dealer and he confirmed compatibility of this harness with my bike. He also said that this is the only part number for the audio harness and that it will fit all models..
Great! Thanks for passing that info on. It appears I already have the same one then. I was under the impression they were different from 2017 to present. Glad it works for you. Good traveling my friend.

·
Rider
967 Posts
Hey @anderson930 I just did some digging and the part number listed on this post is only for the splitter harness that allows you to hook up saddle bag speakers and trunk speakers. There is only one version of this harness. However the rest of the harness in the box shown connects to the splitter harness. There are several different versions of that harness for different years. You may want to see if you can get pictures of the part numbers on the connecting harness before committing. Just FYI.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anderson930,
I ended up leaving town for the weekend, and my reception is horrible. Had to drive to the next town to log on and post a response. I’m good with your offer when I get back in town I can take photos of all 3 parts and pm you.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Anderson930,
I ended up leaving town for the weekend, and my reception is horrible. Had to drive to the next town to log on and post a response. I’m good with your offer when I get back in town I can take photos of all 3 parts and pm you.
No worries, @Indianpapa . I'd appreciate the photos to confirm that this is the harness I'm looking for. Thank you

·
Rider
967 Posts
@anderson930 let me know if these are not going to work for you. If they wont I would like a chance at them. Again not trying to get in between the deal you and @Indianpapa have. But if you do in fact have a 2016 and these are for a 2017 they should work for me and not work for you. I could be wrong but that's they way I understand it. The part numbers may be the same but there is a revision number. Prior to 2017 is rev 1 and 2. 2017 and after is rev 3.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wind Horse, Anderson930 only wants the Y piece, can you use or have any use for the rest of it ? I'm guessing that is the piece you are after as well.

·
Rider
967 Posts
Do you have pictures of the the other parts of the harness? If they are what I need I am interested. I'm looking for part numbers 2413441 and 2143775.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts