Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have put different slip ons on my Roadmaster, and am looking to sell these stage one slip ons. They come with no clamps or tips. It is only the two slip ons seen here in the pics. There is a little scrape and dent on one of them that should be visible in the pic. These have about 500 miles on them, and were installed new from the dealership when I got my RM. One of them has some little black tar specs or something from the road on them and can be seen in the pics. I can ship for $425 UPS ground, or if you want to meet somewhere within an hour or two or closer to me, we can ftf for $400 OBO. I'm in SE PA. PayPal friends preferred. I should get a notification of any messages here or in PM to discuss offers, shipping, meeting etc.

Here is a link to a video I did with these slip ons in stalled. The dealer did a cat delete, and installed these slipons when I bought it. It wasn't loud enough for me. See the description for the time stamp to ff to. I replaced them with Tabs with Zombies.

The scrape on the edge of the top pipe by the screw hole for the tip. Was leaning steep and hit a low spot around a corner.

Small dent between the saddle bag guard and mounting point.

Little black specs of road tar. May come off with steel wool but I didn't want to scratch the pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Heya, I’m interested in the pipes. Do I need to purchase the hardware, or is it already on my stock pipes. Also, are the dents and dings visible under the Roadmaster bags?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't believe you will need to purchase any hardware. And the dent and ding shouldn't be visible while mounted.

The location of the dent is on the top side of the pipe that would be immediately under the saddle bags. It's towards the end of the pipe, by where it mounts at the end of the rear fender and hear the saddle bag guard, the raised metal to keep them off the pipes and keep a little heat away I imagine. So the dent is covered by the bag.

The little scrape was in a turn when I hit a low spot. I think it even got my exhaust tip, too just a little bit on the edge where they meet. I think it's on the right side, by one of the exhaust tip screw holes at the bottom. I don't think you could see it unless you got down to look close even with it leaning left on the kickstand.

So far as I know the hardware should be able to be used with what is already on the bike. The exhaust pipe clamp, and the bolts at the rear fender mounting point should be it. You'll have to take off the heat shield from the header pipes, but that's a few hose clamps. I left my saddle bags on when I swapped these out. Maybe would have been a little easier to do it with them off, but it worked out just fine.

Will you just swap on whatever tips you are currently using?

Be happy to send some pics if you want, too. But it will be later tonight.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You’re good man. I don’t own any tips. I’ve just got the stock ones. I think the 6 shooters would be my choice. What I’m thinking of doing is just going straight stage 1 from Indian for a while. I need to figure out what I’m looking at to purchase the tips and the air cleaner.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if you'd need to necessarily do a stage 1 air cleaner and tune and all that? I just had them do it I guess because it sounded nice when it started in the acoustic-y dealer building lol. Just a swap of slip ons from stock to these that they use for "stage 1" mufflers, I'm not sure. Maybe others might know better in the tech forum?

Unless you planned anyways to do the stage 1 which it sounds like you might. Since they had already done the stage 1 tune or map or however it's called, when I swapped on the Tabs Zombies, there was no issue and I didn't have to have them redo any tune. But I like the sound a lot better.

I haven't done any research on where to find any exhaust tips. I have the "grooved" exhaust tips as you can see in the video. I wish they were a few inches longer. I think longer would be cooler, kind of keeping that nostalgic classic Indian look. Fins would be sweet, but I haven't found any or really looked too hard the grooved ones is what I picked out that the dealer had.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking to sell. Obo? Lower price.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still available. Price lowered again. Offers?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking to sell if anyone is interested. Just bump it for the month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts