Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice very sturdy rack for the TS111 bikes.

On or off in seconds, has security holes for bolts to make it permanent.

It locates further back than most racks and allows you to mount a non-Indian tour pack and retain the passenger seating position.

Most quick release mounts need some added clearance so I have some easy to remove spacers on it that will give that needed clearance.

$170 shipped CONUS or B/O. PM is best.

IMG_6253.JPG IMG_6257.JPG rack.png

·
Rider
308 Posts
I'm kinda curious about this due to the fact of the project that I'm thinking about but just not sure about the quality and ruggedness of it. Do you have any pics of it on a bike?

·
Bronze member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm kinda curious about this due to the fact of the project that I'm thinking about but just not sure about the quality and ruggedness of it. Do you have any pics of it on a bike?
I'll put it back on the bike and take a couple of shots.

It's very rugged.

Thanks,

WD./

·
Bronze member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG_6286.JPG IMG_6287.JPG IMG_6288.JPG IMG_6289.JPG

Some photos of the rack on the bike.

WD./

·
Rider
599 Posts
Have you used any after market trunks on this? And if so, which one?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is that made to mount the OEM trunk or only aftermarket

·
Bronze member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that made to mount the OEM trunk or only aftermarket
I imagine you could mount the OEM trunk but this rack is not as heavy duty as the OEM racks, which are very thick and heavy. The OEM trunk itself must weigh about 50 pounds or more and it was the feeling of the weight up high on the back of the bike that put me off on the RM.

I personally always take into account the tare weight of any gear I install on a bike. By that I mean I want strong but light-weight (as in how much it weighs by itself) gear.

I did not take any photos of the trunk on the rack but I did take some when the trunk was on the stock Indian package rack.

To get enough room for the trunk to be as far back as the OEM trunk would be, I made some 1X6 straps that acted as clamping areas that went under the 1X1 crossbars and allowed me to put my trunk adapter another 2 inches back. It was very sturdy and the end of the trunk was aligned with the end of the fender.

The photos below should tell the story. The shot of the adapter on another rear rack shows how I spaced it further back on that rack too. So not only does the trunk extend all the way back but the full passenger seating area is left clear for the passenger.

So, to sum up here, you could fit any trunk onto the rack and you would have all the clearance you would want or need. And my recommendation would be to think lighter in weight than the OEM trunk but since this rack is low it helps keep the center of gravity low too.

Thanks,

WD./

IMG_6407.JPG IMG_6406.JPG IMG_6405.JPG IMG_6411.JPG IMG_6413.JPG IMG_6287.JPG

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks for the info

·
Bronze member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump