Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone else experiencing the scary wabble when hitting a pothole at mid/high speeds?
The steering jerks left/right rapidly. Changed tires and that helped, tire pressure is good.
any suggestions on how to fix?
‘15 Scout
Thanks in advance!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
You might have tweaked your fork. It might have to be re-aligned by loosening the fork tubes in the triple trees and lining them back up then re-tightening the triple trees. They need to be parallel to each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might have tweaked your fork. It might have to be re-aligned by loosening the fork tubes in the triple trees and lining them back up then re-tightening the triple trees. They need to be parallel to each other.
Recently did the fork seals (both sides), would the shop have aligned properly in the process like you’re suggesting?
Sorry not really knowledgeable in bike mechanics...
Thanks again!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are you saying it's fine every other time on smooth roads and when you hit potholes at high speeds it wobbles? If that's the case, quit hitting potholes at high speeds. How long have you been riding? Sometimes on a bicycle atv (three wheeler), you can overcompensate and it'll wobble. It has nothing to do with the bike etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Montreal, Canada, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not hit potholes but thanks for the tip! lol.. there more holes/bumps than flat surface here!
Riding straight line on hwy hitting a bump/hole don’t see how I can overcompensate. Definitely something with the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try scooting your butt further up toward the tank. If that helps, consider the 1920 seat -- moves your COG about 2" up and forward. Solved the problem. For me. :)

--Jaeger

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts