Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I’m riding to work this morning and went to turn left and the flasher is blinking rapidly. Found out the front left turn signal is not working. Guess I will be doing some troubleshooting tomorrow. Any words of wisdom that can point me to any known trouble areas for this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Wow I just had this issue, and my whole rear wiring harness was chafed through the rear hole in the fender causing shorts and all kinds of problems. But that caused all the signals to flash rapid flash with any direction of a turn signal. Got all the wires affected all spliced and medic'd up. Back to working amazing, now!

What year is your RM? Does it have any incandescents on it? I'm guessing no, but I guess the first question is if everything is still stock. Fuses under the left side cover? I'd have to go out and look at mine, but I thought I found one there once. Or maybe it was my Honda before I forget.

Then check the connectors. May have to take off at least the headlight and center piece if you have the locomotive front. Or maybe the fairing if it's the other style (I don't know I have the locomotive style on my 19 RM). The turn signal connectors could be trapped behind the aux lights if they are fairing mounted and the whole front of the fairing would have to come off anyways. And if you have to replace a turn signal if it is the fairing mounted turn signal it would have to come off anyways to replace that if it is just the front left one.

There is a main plug under the seat to check also for the front to rear connectors in the wiring harness. Maybe some corrosion on a pin or something too some how in any part of a connector. Just something to check. Also for pinched wires.

How long have you had it and this is the first issue? Lots of just general stuff to check out. Here was my issue, lets hope it's not something like this for you, too. Hope something in all the blah blah helps out some how!

Tire Automotive tire Insect Automotive lighting Grey

Head Arm Eye Leg Human body

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I saw your post about the chaffed wires but everything works fine on my bike except the front left turn signal. Tomorrow my plan is to remove the outer fairing and check for power at the turn signal. I’ll start chasing wires if there is there isn’t.

2019 RM. Led lights. only other issue I‘m having is the chrome wrinkling on the fender trim.

almost forgot I did have an issue with the windshield motor. Had to get it replaced about 2 years ago under warranty.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I probably hold a world record for lights on a motorcycle with all the extras I have on it. The Custom Dynamics Load Isolator has made it all possible. If you are by chance interested in anything extra, be happy to discuss it. Custom Dynamics does have a few great options for Indian, but they sure have the Harley market cornered for it getting LED lights in to every nook and cranny almost.

Hope it's just a quick fix anyways there for you. Oh and now I see if that's your bike in your pic, the fairing mounted turn signals. I installed the Badlands module to make them running lights and still function as turns. Hard to say what it can be if it just started doing it all the sudden like that.

·
German Rider
2,392 Posts
Rare, but could be a loose connector or even less just die. If possible, I would checke with another bike if it is the LEDs gone bad or something else.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
923 Posts
Awesome! Glad you got it all handled! How'd it manage to get like that? Still a little fuzzy in the pic. Pinched, twisted, closed up in the fairing some how?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts