Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Rider
1,404 Posts
What does it do that the original doesn't apart from look pretty with an open primary?

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Rider
1,404 Posts
^^^ Removing the cover looks super cool, exposes the rusty sprocket and nut unless of course you buy a Gilles one and the weight saving makes you go even faster still. Even more so if you remove the chain guard too. Every little helps apparently Bob! 😁

·
Rider
1,314 Posts
^^^ Removing the cover looks super cool, exposes the rusty sprocket and nut unless of course you buy a Gilles one and the weight saving makes you go even faster still. Even more so if you remove the chain guard too. Every little helps apparently Bob! 😁
Well done, Mal!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Even more so if you remove the chain guard too.
That was removed on day one! I used a stainless steel pan head screw to fill the hole on the tab.

Do you really think that Gilles and other companies like TPO Manufacturing would be making titanium sprocket nuts if people didn't buy them?

Why remove the cover?
Because I wanted to!

What's left to do?
A gold DID chain and the Gilles nut!

But, as I have had to say several times on this forum, I would have to be clinically dead to care less if anyone agrees with my opinion of what makes my FTR special to me.

Most people call me a Dick when I tell them that, the problem with that is that I see it as a compliment. To be outstanding in your field, you have to be prepared to be out standing my yourself.

Just like my relocated dash, ASV levers, saddlebags, Penske Preload collar, and higher rate fork springs with 2.5w fork oil that seem to make heads explode.

Now, if I was riding a chopper or so some other bizarre-looking, custom painted motorcycle, I could see people making fun of my mods.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oem nut doesn’t rust. But the oem sprocket does. Superlite sprocket is on the way!
It was actually my Ducati that had a plain steel nut that rusted.

And I do hate the look of the piece that folds over to prevent it from loosening. It's not 1920, Gilles figured it out.

Post some pics of the Superlite when you get it!

I was thinking of a Supersprox rear one tooth larger with a red aluminum center. I like your two tooth larger sprocket but I'm commuting every day and that's just a little too much for day freeway riding.

·
Bronze member
2,309 Posts
I removed and sold the +2. It was too much. I’m going to try the -2 superlite they will be releasing in a month or so.

And kerosene and chain wax to keep the chain clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
I removed and sold the +2. It was too much. I’m going to try the -2 superlite they will be releasing in a month or so.

And kerosene and chain wax to keep the chain clean!
Wait, what? From +2 to -2?

With the same countershaft sprocket?

I switched to kerosene and chain wax after looking at your chain pictures. I think I clean it more now because it's so easy to do!

A few more miles and I will be able to justify a DID Gold chain.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes. The +2 was too much. Went back to stock. Waiting for the -2 to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the -2 might be perfect for my type of riding... would give me a little less RPM at highway/interstate speeds which would be nice. Definitely let us know how you like it.

·
Rider
1,404 Posts
......To be outstanding in your field, you have to be prepared to be out standing my yourself...….
You do indeed and in the UK there's an award you can get given by the Queen for it. It's called an O.B.E. Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. I only recently posted this elsewhere on the forum too.

😂

Reactions: R. Warshawsky
1 - 20 of 28 Posts