Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi silly question I know but I am picking up my 2020 Roadmaster in two weeks and I was wondering are the two glove boxes lockable, I don't think they lock with the key so will the central locking lock them as well, just wondering about leaving stuff in there when away from the bike.

·
German Rider
2,141 Posts
There is lock kit from indian that you could buy.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

·
German Rider
2,141 Posts
Or, you can pick up a mailbox lock kit from the hardware store for much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That works too, but the OEM one is nearly Plug-N-Play.

Depends on what you want. Original or handcraft......

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I always wondered about the glove boxes not locking. Good to know they can be adapted to lock.
To be honest, I have never really seen the need to lock the boxes, as I don't put anything expensive in there. I usually toss a couple small bottles of water in one, and a spare kickstand plate in the other...nothing that would bother me to lose. I also didn't want to have to carry yet another key. Now, if I could get locks keyed to the saddlebag lock key, I might find that to be worthwhile.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lowes is where I got mine, 9.95 for 2 keyed alike. 7/8 was the size if I remember correctly. The doors are all marled out for the holes. Just need to follow the lines. Took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts