Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Please advise on my situation. I am attempting to mount the headdress to the front fender. The issue I'm having is when mounting the light to fender there is an ugly gap on either side. I have moved the light all the way forward on the fender but still, have gaps. I moved the light further back on the fender and still have gaps. I have also purchased an additional black rubber grommet/mount in attempting to use both mounts to close gaps. I realize this may just be an issue with the contour of the fender and contour of headdress piece not matching. If I over-tighten then it only creates a bulge in the area around the bolts.
Any ideas??
upload_2019-4-23_10-51-1.jpeg

upload_2019-4-23_10-51-10.jpeg

·
Bronze Member
2,008 Posts
I had my dealer install mine with a perfect fit, is yours oem or aftermarket? That could be the difference.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my dealer install mine with a perfect fit, is yours oem or aftermarket? That could be the difference.
The fender is original from the bike and the headdress I purchased from Indian. So parts are original/OEM. However, the headdress is not specifically for the Scout. So my thought or assumption is that the contour of the scout fender is not the same as say the Springfield or other Indian bikes that the headdress is meant for.

·
Bronze Member
2,008 Posts
The fender is original from the bike and the headdress I purchased from Indian. So parts are original/OEM. However, the headdress is not specifically for the Scout. So my thought or assumption is that the contour of the scout fender is not the same as say the Springfield or other Indian bikes that the headdress is meant for.
The tech I spoke to said that you need to add some black weather stripping to what comes with it and a little muscle to make it conform to the fender. That's all he
told me. Hope that somehow helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts