Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm curious. I don't see a place to insert a key, or align chosen numbers in a row. What prevents a potential thief from moving the bike?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm curious. I don't see a place to insert a key, or align chosen numbers in a row. What prevents a potential thief from moving the bike?
not sure what you mean. The pin is locked in and cannot be removed without the key. wheel won't move with the pin in it.
Key goes in the hole to the left of the pin, when you turn it the pin comes out.
Key for the pin is a different key to the one to start the bike

·
Registered
414 Posts
not sure what you mean. The pin is locked in and cannot be removed without the key. wheel won't move with the pin in it.
Key goes in the hole to the left of the pin, when you turn it the pin comes out.
Key for the pin is a different key to the one to start the bike
And to add to this the pin is spring loaded until a hole in the brake disc lines up with it. If the pin is not locked yet the bike will move a foot at most til the pin pops into a brake rotor hole, then it won’t move at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi curious Dave, have a look at these extra pic, this is the security key and the pin the lock secures.
20210612_201632.jpg

This is a close-up of the lock and the hole left from the pin removal, with the key in the lock.
20210612_201632.jpg
20210612_201533.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought I might also mention the rubber foot-peg inserts while I'm at it, I think they are std on the Carbon and the 21 model, better vibration isolation and grip.
20210611_174533.jpg

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had one of these locks on my BMW GS, I found it really fiddly to use and a real faff to get the key in, but do agree unlike a traditional disc lock there is no way to get to the pin if you were trying to cut it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts