Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '17 Scout 60 the right side amber blinker has gone from an clear-ish amber color to a foggy orange color.....has anyone experienced this? All 4 are the same color but one seems to have changed. The bike is stored inside with a cover so it did not have the sun or weather beating on it. It literally looks like a different lens yet it has the same part number as the left side. CRAZY!

·
Bronze member
1,949 Posts
When I changed mine to the Indian smoke lenses I found discoloration and haze on one, might have been the right front.
Looked like the rubber seal wasn’t keeping moisture out. Or maybe water was getting in from the wires and mount but I didn’t check it further,
just cleaned the reflector.

Anyway it might be a good idea to open it up and give it a look.
You probably shouldn’t just try to tighten the screws down with the risk of cracking the lens.

editing this to say it might not need actual water intrusion, only water vapor and temperature changes. Considering that you said it wasn’t stored outdoors, it must still be outside for riding. And of course there’s washing too.

Reactions: Gravelman

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some early Scouts had a bad batch of TS lenses. Both of ours had the same issues and I swapped them out for the new smoked lenses.
They make the TS less conspicuous.
Thank you MOMZ, I contacted the dealer and they have turned in a claim to Polaris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts