Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven’t found any aftermarket sprockets or pulleys for the Scout at all. I’ve been looking into going the opposite direction and want a little lower on the gearing (smaller front sprocket, or larger rear pulley) but I can’t find anyone who has done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m trying to lower the rpms at highway speeds around 100mph... I know it will lower the torque but in that case I will add an intake and pv3, already got exhaust, it seems that every time I try to find something “unusual” for this bike is harder than any other... I still love it anyways

·
Bronze member
1,495 Posts
Scyncro poly chain belts and pullies are common. But unless someone / or a company machines one/ some other size pullies to fit your countershaft , no size but the OEM is available. Take all the numbers off your belt ( which is probably a proprietary size- at least in tooth count). Take these numbers to a power transmission/ bearing house, along with the front pully # of teeth. Ask the counter person to see some drivepullys that are bore to fit. It will cost a bit but if you take this pully and your stock pully to a good machine shop, they can machine the hub part to fit your bike. If it has to be hardened, it may all be too expensive to have done. But it can be done. Yrs ago I had to make one from scratch from billet 4140 steel. It was expensive to do , but they had to have it. Took all day though. FYI. The belt size longer ( more teeth) or shorter ( less teeth) are probably common. The particular size on the Scout is most likely proprietary - if Indian/ Polaris asked Gates to make a size between the common sizes- (so you can pay 3x the cost. )Polaris (Victory) did the same with the early Browning Panther drive belt. The only common belt Browning made w/ exact # teeth was 1/4” wider ( at 1/3 cost of Dealer.) When these belts are made they are probably 3ft wide. Cut into the required width at the factory.( done this way for equipment that run 2-3 belts.)I simply bought the wider one, made a metal clamp/ jig the width of my stock belt and cut that 1/4” off with a slitting disc. Not saying you should do this. I did this -because I could.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scyncro poly chain belts and pullies are common. But unless someone / or a company machines one/ some other size pullies to fit your countershaft , no size but the OEM is available. Take all the numbers off your belt ( which is probably a proprietary size- at least in tooth count). Take these numbers to a power transmission/ bearing house, along with the front pully # of teeth. Ask the counter person to see some drivepullys that are bore to fit. It will cost a bit but if you take this pully and your stock pully to a good machine shop, they can machine the hub part to fit your bike. If it has to be hardened, it may all be too expensive to have done. But it can be done. Yrs ago I had to make one from scratch from billet 4140 steel. It was expensive to do , but they had to have it. Took all day though. FYI. The belt size longer ( more teeth) or shorter ( less teeth) are probably common. The particular size on the Scout is most likely proprietary - if Indian/ Polaris asked Gates to make a size between the common sizes- (so you can pay 3x the cost. )Polaris (Victory) did the same with the early Browning Panther drive belt. The only common belt Browning made w/ exact # teeth was 1/4” wider ( at 1/3 cost of Dealer.) When these belts are made they are probably 3ft wide. Cut into the required width at the factory.( done this way for equipment that run 2-3 belts.)I simply bought the wider one, made a metal clamp/ jig the width of my stock belt and cut that 1/4” off with a slitting disc. Not saying you should do this. I did this -because I could.
what about smaller pulley on the rear? Trying to simplify the matter...???

·
Registered
2021 Chieftain Dark Horse, rinehart slip ons, more to come
144 Posts
I noticed th other day that zippers performance makes a chains drive conversion that offered multiple rear sprockets. Looks like your gonna spend some about $700 for the whole setup

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m trying to lower the rpms at highway speeds around 100mph... I know it will lower the torque but in that case I will add an intake and pv3, already got exhaust, it seems that every time I try to find something “unusual” for this bike is harder than any other... I still love it anyways
I found a company that has some interest in a larger transmission pulley for the Indian Scout(mine is a 2019). Be nice to drop the rpms a bit for touring. Price point would be around $350. I can't seem to find where I can post an inquiry to gauge interest in such a product on this site. Company is looking for feedback. Please contact them if you are interested. Maybe it will help. These things aren't cheap to make. After owning several Harleys finding aftermarket parts for this Indian really sucks. Company is ConquestCustoms.com.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts