Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the wife went down to Indian of Erie, PA ( Off-road Express ) for the demo truck friday.

Was in the first group out to check out the new Roadmaster.

As we are riding, I was thinking how much I like all the extras on the new Roadmaster,

the wife leans over to me and says " OH, YOUR BUYING THIS MOTORCYCLE "

I'm guessing she enjoyed the extras alot more than I did !

Needless to say , waiting for the new Roadmaster to arrive to replace the current Chieftain

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Can't say I blame some nice goodies considering the price difference .. Enjoy the Roadmaster

·
Registered
105 Posts
We were there Saturday morning early so we could look around the dealership and at all the demo bikes...impressive Indian display of bikes and accessories...they told me they had sold over 100 Indians in past year...seemed pretty decent to me...friendly people

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts

Needless to say , waiting for the new Roadmaster to arrive to replace the current Chieftain
Dude, you had better hang on to that woman!
My wife got me my Chieftain for my 50th Birthday. At both dealers that I have been to and use, people were asking for her phone number and if I was happy with her...

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
When the 2014 Indians were unveiled at Stugis back in 2013 the wife and I tried to stay up to see it on the streaming link. It kept crashing and so by 11:45 I was too tired to stay up. Finally well after midnight my wife brings the laptop into our bedroom and wakes me up. Here words were which one do you want? As soon as my eyes could focus I said the red one. It was the 2014 Chief Vintage. That next Monday we drove down to Daytona and waited for the dealership to open to put our deposit down. That was August the 5th, my bike finally arrived on the 23rd of October. We have really enjoyed her she is #1137 of the first 1901 that year. By the way she also insisted that I buy my 2010 Vision also. What a woman!!! Thanks Lord for bringing her into my life, this year will mark 26 years of wedded bliss, and lots of fun riding!

Reactions: RedHorse

·
Registered
99 Posts
Two years ago late in the summer, my wife said 'summer is almost over and I haven't had any fun yet'. (She had been making a point of not riding) I invited her along that weekend. I set up the tent, a one man tent and ever since she has been game to come along. Only difference, now is that we motel it everywhere.;-))

·
Registered
571 Posts
My wife has as good as no interest in motorcycles sadly, hang onto those ladies
My wife also has Zero interest in motorcycles, but I took here to the Indian dealership grand opening here in town and she wants me to get one. I am having a harder time spending that kind of money than she is strangely. But because of my good luck with Harleys, she thinks the Indian will hold its value. I never would have thought this of her before the grand opening, but I would not be surprised to find and Indian under the the Christmas tree.

35 years with my wife along with raising my now 25 year old daughter have taught me that I don't have a clue about women.

Burt

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts
My wife doesn't carry a whole lot of interest, but we try to make each other happy, so she'll go for short rides with me.
When I get home in a couple of weeks, I am going to try to talk her into taking a safety course and see if she likes it. I am hoping that she'll show enough interest to get her own bike instead of riding with me.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had a similar experience, took girlfriend on one of the last demo rides of the day after we had both been working it for two days. I really like my Chieftain and she does as well. But after one ride on that new seat the Road master has, she said why don't you trade yours in. Well I have not yet pulled the trigger.I kind of have my heart et on the new color that they have not released yet and that might not be until next year. So until then I will just keep riding my black Chieftain.

Reactions: Pegg696

·
Registered
384 Posts
My wife had no interest in a motorcycle until we took a trip to Charleston and then the Outer Banks now she's down for long rides

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I traded my Chieftain in on a Roadmaster as well. Loved the Chieftain but love the Roadmaster even more. Good luck with yours and ride safe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Me and the wife went down to Indian of Erie, PA ( Off-road Express ) for the demo truck friday.

Was in the first group out to check out the new Roadmaster.

As we are riding, I was thinking how much I like all the extras on the new Roadmaster,

I traded my Chieftain in on a Roadmaster as well. Loved the Chieftain but love the Roadmaster even more. Good luck with yours and ride safe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts