Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the fringe on the seat and bags of the Vintage looked cool & reminded me of the old H.D. 'street sweepers' but in the video, Leno refers to it as reminding him of the Village People. What do you think?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think if one is going to be that narrow minded than the Indian name and the Indian head would also remind you of the Village people. But Indians had fringe way before the Village People made gay music. gay.... as in happy and sexually oriented lmao!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone has there own preference. I personally don't care for it, but that doesn't make me right or the fringe bad. If you think it's cool, that's all that matters.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Native Americans incorporated fringe into their design of buckskin pants/ shirts/jackets, not because it looked cool but because it would wick the moisture away and dry out quickly leaving the leather soft & undamaged. I would keep it on the real leather seat & bags- but not on the floorboards & grips/levers-that makes it look like a girl bike.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20293 said:
reminded me of the old H.D. 'street sweepers'
I think they put fringe on the H.D.'s to tell if they were really moving.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1424 said:
I think they put fringe on the H.D.'s to tell if they were really moving.
I thought it was to absorb the leaking oil at stops as to not embarass you....?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fringe is like fishtail exhaust tips for me. I like them on certain bikes but they are not my style. I like them just not for me.

I dont like fringe hanging from the bars, or jackets. It looks fine on chaps though.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
19011 said:
Took it off the seat of my Chieftain. Nice they made it so easy for it to be my choice. Velcro...
Same on the bags??

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me the fringe seems like an 'awww shit' waiting to happen... The moving fringe is bound to rub on the paint soon or later.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
18515 said:
For me the fringe seems like an 'awww sh%t' waiting to happen... The moving fringe is bound to rub on the paint soon or later.
so does the vinyl/leather of the front of the seat to the back of the gas tank. as long as you keep it clean it wont cause damage

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as stated earlier fringe depends on the bike as well as the big concho's on certain bikes. It all depends on end user and overall styling.

Hell some people look at me like I have antenna on my head when I say the brown seat and blue colored Vintage looks fantastic.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as my opinion goes, I like my bike looking old school. This is mostly why I fell in love with my High Ball. Retro-looking inspired. Hence, if I had an Indian, I would for sure like to have fringe on the bike. It's like beacon and eggs, made to go together...it looks awesome...of course if the bike goes with it, which the Indian does

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3197 said:
Native Americans incorporated fringe into their design of buckskin pants/ shirts/jackets, not because it looked cool but because it would wick the moisture away and dry out quickly leaving the leather soft & undamaged. I would keep it on the real leather seat & bags- but not on the floorboards & grips/levers-that makes it look like a girl bike.
Oh God.
I hope One Thumb doesn't read this.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5518 said:
Fringe is like fishtail exhaust tips for me. I like them on certain bikes but they are not my style. I like them just not for me.

I dont like fringe hanging from the bars, or jackets. It looks fine on chaps though.
The fringe looks good on the Classic and the Vintage.

Fringe on chaps looks good on women, and only women.
In fact, chaps only look good on women.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
'Hell some people look at me like I have antenna on my head when I say the brown seat and blue colored Vintage looks fantastic.'

Obviously they haven't seen one in person.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3197 said:
but not on the floorboards & grips/levers-that makes it look like a girl bike.

GIRL BIKE?

or... PEEWEE HERMAN BIKE?

HAHAHAHA!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought the Classic because of the tan leather and fringes on the Vintage.

I definitely thought Village People when I saw the Vintage, but I think the Classic is pure indian magic.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heck, flip the handlebars over and Pee Wee could board track race with that thing!

1 - 20 of 172 Posts