Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have a Freedom windshield in place of their original Indian windshield and does it work any better?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,072 Posts
I didn't have one on my scout, but it works very well on my roadmaster. Much better than stock. I would think it works just as well on the scout. Hopefully a scout owner can chime in on that...

·
Vendor / bronze
2,935 Posts
I am a dealer for Freedom Windshields. I have sold hundreds and everyone except a couple people are very happy with it. Many people switch after buying a stock shield. The file up makes a difference. Also they are a little bit wider and this seems to help also. Here are a couple videos that shows how they work.
LINK:
LINK:

We also sell mounting frames for the Scouts and the Chiefs. www.IndianAftermarket.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a dealer for Freedom Windshields. I have sold hundreds and everyone except a couple people are very happy with it. Many people switch after buying a stock shield. The file up makes a difference. Also they are a little bit wider and this seems to help also. Here are a couple videos that shows how they work.
LINK:
LINK:

We also sell mounting frames for the Scouts and the Chiefs. www.IndianAftermarket.com
LINK:
LINK:

Thanks for the response. I have a scout windshield at the moment that seems to be 21". I am 5'7" tall with a 29 inch inseam and was wondering if the 22" freedom would be tall enough or should I order the 24" shield. I have the solo tractor seat but I would like to be able to see over the windshield. With the scout shield I can easily look over the top probably with a couple of inches to spare.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,935 Posts
The 22" would be plenty tall enough. The 20" would also work but you would feel a little turbulence on top of your helmet. If wind protection is more important get the 22. If that line at the top of the shield bothers you (like it does me) get the 20". I am 5'-10" and I used the 22" which was minimally tall enough. Hope that helps. Also, once you get one you can try it (leave the plastic on) and exchange it if yo want. You will loose shipping fees however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts