Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Please let me know if this new video doesn't work!
Thanks GordonS, good looking out!!
-Jarrod

·
Registered
12 Posts
This sounds and looks great,
did you dino this after the install of the power commander and pipes I'm curios if you lost torque with the true duels?
Is your warranty void after install of the power commander?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was never a mention of warranty issues during purchase. As far as I'm concerned, dealer ordered, dealer installed.. warranty honored.
Life's too short for "What if's"

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Afternoon, Just spoke my dealer about some of the questions being brought up in this thread.. thought I’d try to answer them to the best of my ability.
The Thunderstroke high flow air cleaner is not suitable for the Roadmaster:
This is true in some cases. The EFI recalibration card that comes with this air cleaner is not good enough on its own to keep the rear cylinder cool due to the Roadmasters lowers.
It DOES work in conjunction with a complete exhaust overhaul/true duals set-up(Like in the video posted above) and complete break-in/performance dyno which involves tuning each cylinder separately.
To the best of my knowledge, doing this does NOT void warranty and provides a noticeable power increase.
When I get my bike back from the shop, I’ll post the #’s here.
If you have any other questions.. I’d be happy to try to field them for you.
-Jarrod

·
Registered
161 Posts
My new Roadmaster is almost done.. here is the Freedom true dual exhaust "note"
This bike has the Indian "Big Sucker" kit, along with a power commander 5.
When are you getti g it tuned?? How is the quality of the true dual exhaust? I have heard of some issues in the past with exhaust shield spot welds cracking and not being honored on waranty. I cant wait to get a set for my Chieftain! No baffles and full race. Here are my tuned numbers with a stage 1 exhaust and stock intake with the pcv.
IMG_308934383350086.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Afternoon, Just spoke my dealer about some of the questions being brought up in this thread.. thought I’d try to answer them to the best of my ability.
The Thunderstroke high flow air cleaner is not suitable for the Roadmaster:
This is true in some cases. The EFI recalibration card that comes with this air cleaner is not good enough on its own to keep the rear cylinder cool due to the Roadmasters lowers.
It DOES work in conjunction with a complete exhaust overhaul/true duals set-up(Like in the video posted above) and complete break-in/performance dyno which involves tuning each cylinder separately.
To the best of my knowledge, doing this does NOT void warranty and provides a noticeable power increase.
When I get my bike back from the shop, I’ll post the #’s here.
If you have any other questions.. I’d be happy to try to field them for you.
-Jarrod
Thanks Jarrod,
that is good info, my dealer told me it's compatible, I had the high flow air cleaner installed and really the bike runs great but it sounds like the back cylinder may be susceptible to over heating.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a very good possibility.. what did you have in mind?!?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts