Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got a stock 18 RM. dealer quoted me about $2k for upgrade which include Freedom True Duals. Looking around i find the Cobra Chrome. on different forums an on their site much of replies say they are Called the "Neighbor Haters". Dealer said the Freedom's are about $500 or so. Few questions any of you have the cobra's an who has the freedom's.
My main issue is my budget, i know some exhaust can cost well over $700.
Main objective getting rid of the cat.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also i live in florida so i don't need to worry about any inspections. loudness isn't really an issue , i'm already wearing hearing aids. an yrs ago i had 30 inch drags on a road king which top the db meter.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Freedoms pretty good but I question the quality of their chrome process and finish on the outside. Freedom’s chrome just tarnish’s too quickly to suit me and in time lack the appearance I want. I have also had problems with cheap welds on baffles for Freedoms in the past....In my HD days....V and H much better but the Freedoms work well on Indians. Several people make the headers, just find some good slip ons after that......Just my experience and nothing else...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. yes i wouldn't like paying 2k for the complete system an have the chrome start to pit . i have had bisani an reinharts on my hd's.i like there sound. never had VH.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I have used several sets of the Freedoms and never saw any chrome or weld qc problems. They sound great with V&H classics and turn-downs. Tuning may be a little more involved and some have commented on slight torque losses with them. I could detect nothing noticeable with the butt Dyno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts