Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chinese windshield from ebay which looks almost like an exact knock-off of the OEM windshield. I am thinking about mounting the Freedom Shield on this hardware. Can someone help me and measure the distances between bolts on their original hardware? Basically the vertical and horizontal distances between the hardware bolts that go into holes in the windshield. Any help will be appreciated!

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Another option would be to measure your hardware and ask Freedom Shields directly. If the hardware doesn't match their stock shields perhaps they can custom drill one for you. I no longer have a Scout but many people have spoken well of Freedom Shield's high level of customer service.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
distances between bolts on their original hardware? Basically the vertical and horizontal distances between the hardware bolts that go into holes in the windshield.
I posted measurements of the OEM windshield about a year and a half ago.

Almost same for the Freedom windshield, which I still have after getting the Clearview Sport.
Only a quick check of that just now. Bottom holes match OEM, top holes quarter inch wider as well as quarter inch taller.

10” lower holes, 13” upper holes and 15” bottom to top.

Not sure if my measurements were a little sloppy or if the OEM flattens out when mounted, or if Freedom bends.
If my memory doesn’t fail me here, I think I might’ve slightly forced the Freedom onto the hardware.
Don’t recall any trouble with the Clearview.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts