Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Complete set up for sale. Like new.
700.00 obo plus shipping.
Please see my other posts for videos/sound etc.
1000.00 new.

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
Just bought the Dark Horse and am having the stage 1 kit installed with fishtails. Is your set the same. And why aren't you putting them on? I paid 620.00 for both plus free install. Part of my deal,got some nice freebies\ if Indian is hurting,they can hurt me all day long. Did I mention an Indian bandana vest 2 t/shirts right in the ole kisser {ouch) so 2 black eyes "all gratis" Hurt me Indian! Let's give em 10 yrs. picking it up March 26th......we all own Indians.........by the way mapping is required too!

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
My factory pipes are coming off and some other pipes {stage One kit} plus the fishtail is not the same thing? Price was well over 1000.00 dollars,I'm confused. Thank you this far. The pipes were chrome and now they'll be black

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That makes two of us.
My pipes are not "Indian"
they are Freedom performance.
please see link above.
My original post was for the complete exhaust system only.
I'm confused on what is confusing.

Here is what my bike currently sounds like:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My factory pipes are coming off and some other pipes {stage One kit} plus the fishtail is not the same thing? Price was well over 1000.00 dollars,I'm confused. Thank you this far. The pipes were chrome and now they'll be black
They may or may not be...you'll have to look for some markings. If you got the full set (headers and all) for that price installed, you robbed the dealer and better send them some business! Ha ha!

There are a couple of options for fishtails on the Indians from what I've seen. Freedom does both slip-ons and full set (My wife's Chief has slip-ons and I'm looking at the full set for my Vic XR).

On a side note, if they buy doesn't want the fishtails, let me know. My wife's ends may fit and she may want a swap.

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
Thanks for speaking up, I'm sticking with what I've ordered, and if you're talking about the other guy sell his fishtails and you're interested for the wife: then there yours. 299.00 in the 2016 catalogue. Work a deal!

·
Registered
86 Posts
That makes two of us.
My pipes are not "Indian"
they are Freedom performance.
please see link above.
My original post was for the complete exhaust system only.
I'm confused on what is confusing.

Here is what my bike currently sounds like:
VERY NICE! Can you give me a complete explanation on what you have? And maybe a picture of pipes? I am all over the FP pipes. They are the best. But I am confused as to what is required if I get the true dual headers full package. What else needs to be done? I don't want an obnoxious loud bike but I would like a deep soulful livable bark. I have a 2014 Vintage that is wanting to sound like the bike it really is. I'm pretty new to all this and man is it confusing as heck! Is there a video somewhere that lets you hear all the differences? Something to choose from? I like yours a lot. Maybe just a "tad" too loud for me but pretty dang perfect. Any help?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Freedom pipes I have are LOUD!
If you're looking for more of the low rumble, I would suggest the Rinehart slip-ons with stock headers.
You'll gain some power and get the sound I think you're referring to/familiar with.
With the Freedom pipes, you'll lose some power due to the lack of backpressure, but you'll gain the classic look, as well as sound like a fucking top fuel dragster (If you're in to that sort of thing):eek:

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
I'm new to the this forum and new to Indian, Here is my story, my wife bought me this skoot 2016 Dark Horse last Sat, I get it tomorrow! So the dealer had 2 of em: one in the showroom and one being assembled. Me I'm a numbers man i.e. Vin# that is, so the one being assembled\ had my birthday as the last 3 digits {356} March 1956, this had to be mine--the bike is in pieces but on the building table,so I tell the manager this is the one I want: I make my best deal and saw the fishtails and said throw them in with some clothing and the Indian vest with some discount,he said you can't have tails without a stage 1 kit. They change the entire exhaust system re-map and then add fishtails, I said get it done.the system adds more hp and a more throaty tone, I heard the comparison and I liked it. It's all factory. I left the dealership and after 10 minutes I get a call from them, do you want chrome or black fishtails? I picked black! Other than that my friend {that's my story}. Kind of long winded, I apologize Ron

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're looking for more of the low rumble, I would suggest the Rinehart slip-ons with stock headers.
You'll gain some power and get the sound I think you're referring to/familiar with.
With the Freedom pipes, you'll lose some power due to the lack of backpressure, but you'll gain the classic look, as well as sound like a fucking top fuel dragster (If you're in to that sort of thing):eek:
Are these your pipes in the video? Actually sounds perfect to me.
No, these sound really good. Perfect. These are full FP headers, right? Did you go with Power Commander and/or the High air intake air flow system? Fishtails? Racing, Libert or Eagle? If not fishtails, 3", 4" or 4.5"?
I am hoping all this makes sense. I'm trying to learn this stuff but lots of moving parts. I definitely want the FP with the full header, I am just trying to figure out what else should be done at that same time- if anything. I appreciate your advice in advance. Be as technical as possible and assume I know nothing (I do- know knowing) and I will study up on your suggestions. Thanks! (NICE BIKE TOO)
FYI: mine is a 2014 Vintage. New to me and new to riding. I love it!

Attachments

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
If you're asking me dog gone yes it's the video! I loved the sound over original! Plus I'll see what else I can do!

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're asking me dog gone yes it's the video! I loved the sound over original! Plus I'll see what else I can do!
I was asking Jerrod Blaesing about his Chieftain video. I'm trying to get an idea what all he had done to get the sound on his bike. Perfect pitch to me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are these your pipes in the video? Actually sounds perfect to me.

No, these sound really good. Perfect. These are full FP headers, right? Did you go with Power Commander and/or the High air intake air flow system? Fishtails? Racing, Libert or Eagle? If not fishtails, 3", 4" or 4.5"?
I am hoping all this makes sense. I'm trying to learn this stuff but lots of moving parts. I definitely want the FP with the full header, I am just trying to figure out what else should be done at that same time- if anything. I appreciate your advice in advance. Be as technical as possible and assume I know nothing (I do- know knowing) and I will study up on your suggestions. Thanks! (NICE BIKE TOO)
FYI: mine is a 2014 Vintage. New to me and new to riding. I love it!
I have the complete system from Freedom. Please see link above.
I am running the Indian High flow intake and a power commander 5.
I had my bike dyno'd as well with the Stage II cams.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Complete set up for sale. Like new.
700.00 obo plus shipping.
Please see my other posts for videos/sound etc.
1000.00 new.
Someone will be getting a great deal. Why you selling them and what are you replacing them with?

·
Registered
64 Posts
They may or may not be...you'll have to look for some markings. If you got the full set (headers and all) for that price installed, you robbed the dealer and better send them some business! Ha ha!

There are a couple of options for fishtails on the Indians from what I've seen. Freedom does both slip-ons and full set (My wife's Chief has slip-ons and I'm looking at the full set for my Vic XR).

On a side note, if they buy doesn't want the fishtails, let me know. My wife's ends may fit and she may want a swap.
Freedom sells 2.5" ends for it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts