·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rusting slip ons 3.jpg
rusting slip ons 4.jpg
Rusting slip-ons 2.jpg
rusty slip-ons 1.jpg
I was holding off on this post to see if Freedom would rectify the situation, A month and a half later.. they did not. Freedom appears to have extremely poor chrome (At least my product) and worse customer service. It took a month to hear back from the rep (through the dealer, cc'd on emails etc.) to tell me that "We don't cover rusting and pitting" If you're thinking about exhausts for your Indian, consider something other than Freedom brand products.
Am I bitter? possibly.. this shit costs too much to look 15 years old in the first year.
*Note this is a daily rider, and is garaged at work and home.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good chrome is almost impossible to find on any exhaust. The tip of the dirty bird exhaust I had on my old HD started rusting and flaking within a year, and the mufflers on my 2017, 640 mile, 1 month old RM are starting to get small rust bumps on them. But that being said, I won't be getting anything from Freedom and might send them an email telling them why.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I'm assuming not much salt on the roads in the Pacific NW. That's just poorly done. I've never had any chrome on anything, car or bike, look like that.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
A riding Buddy of mine had the same issues with the Freedoms on his 2015 Roadmaster, so since they told him to jump in a creek, he pulled them off and their them into the creek (really the dumpster)

He has a nice quality pair of the TAB Performance Slip-ons with Zombie baffles and a Catless Header and a custom tune from FuelMoto with a PVCX.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
47 Posts
Poor customer service to me is worse than a poor product. I won't buying from them. Thanks for the heads up sorry for your inconvenience.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I too have Freedom exhaust. Slip-on and headers. Noticed some chipping on one of my chromed aluminum tips. Called Freedom Performance myself and spoke with Ray from customer service. I sent him a picture of my issue and an invoice from the original sale. I was sent 2 new exhaust tips and 2 new baffles free. The new tips which look identical to my original ones are designed with a different baffle so they had to send me a new setup. I am pretty pleased with their customer service while dealing with me.
IMG_20170409_191847.jpg

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow that really sucks. I also have FP full system, have not noticed any issues yet at 17k but that doesn't mean I wont. You are right these cost too much to look like that. My last bike a 1600 Vulcan had Cobra drag pipes since day one and when I sold it 12 years later with 94k still no rust only slight discoloring at head pipes

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm glad to see some positive experiences with FP as I am awaiting their True Dual hearers and Performance Exhaust system to be installed on my new RM before I take it from the Dealership.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I know otherwise firsthand.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
I had them on my '14 Stratoliner. Had the bike for a year, they were on it when I bought the bike. Lucky for me, I had no issues. Surprisingly so being I am in south humid hot Ga.
Was seriously considering them for my '17RM, now I am not sure, but I did love their mid range rumble...hmmm. What are a few other good options in the same price range +/-?
Sorry to hear those that have had issues, if I do get them, I will keep em clean, polished, but I definitely get caught in rain around here often!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,321 Posts
Definitely a bit surprised to see this although guess can happen with any make .. But just have to point out had my Freedom Performance True Duals for 4+ Years and 80,000 Miles on my 2012 Cross Country and they still looked Great when traded my Vic in on the Chieftain Dark Horse .. Last Pics of it before Trading it in ..

Topcoat.jpg
Topcoat2.jpg

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
Jay are you still in Lake City off 75? If so I am not too far north!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I too have Freedom exhaust. Slip-on and headers. Noticed some chipping on one of my chromed aluminum tips. Called Freedom Performance myself and spoke with Ray from customer service. I sent him a picture of my issue and an invoice from the original sale. I was sent 2 new exhaust tips and 2 new baffles free. The new tips which look identical to my original ones are designed with a different baffle so they had to send me a new setup. I am pretty pleased with their customer service while dealing with me. View attachment 311369
Finally got a chance to put the warranty parts on and take the old off.
IMG_20170716_114926.jpg

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
View attachment 310585 View attachment 310593 View attachment 310601 View attachment 310609 I was holding off on this post to see if Freedom would rectify the situation, A month and a half later.. they did not. Freedom appears to have extremely poor chrome (At least my product) and worse customer service. It took a month to hear back from the rep (through the dealer, cc'd on emails etc.) to tell me that "We don't cover rusting and pitting" If you're thinking about exhausts for your Indian, consider something other than Freedom brand products.
Am I bitter? possibly.. this shit costs too much to look 15 years old in the first year.
*Note this is a daily rider, and is garaged at work and home.
I have to agree. There's no excuse for that considering the cost.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unbelieveble short sighted fom Freedom this issue. Nowerdays with Internet and Forums it is a little strange to treat clients like this. All the writing here on the Forum about it is worth "a Fortune" free shitty advertisements. Due to this a lot of people think twice now before they decide to buy Freedom Pipes. But the name says it already a little ...Freedom...Free dummy.....

Apologise my bad language: I am Dutch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts