Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Freedom Performance 2 into 1 turnout dump exhaust questions/ along with Tuning

7K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  SoleChaser 
#1 ·
I currently just bought a new 22 Challenger Dark Horse, and really wanted to do this exhaust because its what I had similar on my victory cross country. However there are little to no reviews on it. I've been reading thus far that the TAB performance zombies with CAT delete work great so that's my backup method. The one review I found on this exhaust is from revzilla and person states

"Ever since the install this things throws codes like crazy, adaptive fuel correction, misfires, and now its running too lean. I had the dynojet flashed and now Lloydz tune with no improvement. There is no support from Freedom, they told me to go get it dyno'd."

Now I'm not sure how true this is and was hoping that my first post on this forum would help shed some light into what I certainly don't want to walk myself into. I have seen a man named @drod has this exhaust and actually had the backup setup I was thinking so maybe he could also shed some light with others if possible.

Piggy backing off of the exhaust was the fun debate of Lloydz vs dynojet and RVS. I'm leaning very heavily into Lloydz because I have a Indian dealership here in MA that offers there new remote tuning so no fuss dealing with removing ECU and hoping it don't get lost and paying a ridiculous amount of money for it to be wiped when Indian services the thing. I'm trying to know if anyone has done this remote tuning and if its any better than stuff being sent in or if its the same. With that, DOES IT WORK, that is truly the biggest thing, from what I've read they had a detonation issue but that has been resolved. Are there anymore known bugs or is everyone a happy customer now? Last thing I need is for a $30k motorcycle to blow up.

Simply put if Lloydz is a good choice id like to go with them due to convenience, and if I need to heavily stay away I would like to know that. I guess I would need to be heavily talked out of them or shown the proof that they are having massive problems vs the "I know a guy who had 3 motors blow up because of Lloydz tuning"

Thank you for all that can help with this matter,

Chris

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the new DH.

Since youre new here, there will be plenty of discussion on this, since what you discuss is a very popular topic, and everyone has opinions........which are like @ssholes. Everyone has one and they all stink 😬

Seriously, there is a LOT of good info, here. I don't have the setup you speak of on my skoot, so I'm not even going to pipe in here, BUT, I would encourage you to read some posts from @RACNRAY, who has a wealth of knowledge. He has been around and worked on bikes for many years....has his own shop in south FL. If you can't find what you're looking for in his posts, I'd PM him. Chances are, he'll ask you to call to discuss. Be forwarned....he loves to talk bikes, and will give you lot's of info. Have a pen and paper handy.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride.

#3 ·
Im running the tab zombies and cat delete with indians S1 intake tune... no issues. Everybody ive ran into that has the lloyds tune raves about it... havent heard any complaints in person. Cant speak to the freedom exhaust other than it looks good.. hopefully there welds are better looking than indians.

#5 ·
how do you like that exhaust setup? Is it plenty loud? I'm coming from a straight pipes victory cross country to looking for that same kind of feel lol. When you say you have S1 intake tune, your meaning your running the factory tune they give you with the intake with that setup and no problems? Do you still have the throttle lag that these bikes all come with?

#4 ·
@RACNRAY Ray, I know you have the DJ tune in your bike and had Lloydz in the past when it had a problem. Have you seen/ heard good things since the problem with Lloydz has been fixed? Did they update the tune across the board to fix the problem or is it very possible I could have the same problem? Reason I'm asking is I just got a new 22 Challenger and looking to do some exhaust work and get a tune and leaning towards Lloydz because I have a remote tuning center about 1.5 hours away from me so saves the headache of removing the ECU and dealing with shipping. So I've been steered in your direction for some advice here, just looking to why I should or should be talked out of doing Lloydz. I guess RVS is doing remote tuning as well and that would be more of a hike to get that done but again my biggest thing is not blowing up a $30k motorcycle and just having something that works and gets me that little bit more power with removing the lag in the throttle that it has stock with the other advantages of having a tune.

#6 ·
I have read a few reviews of lloyds remote tuning that were favorable. dn't remember what bikes and what combination of parts. You should have conversations with the dealer and lloyds to get a feel for what they say they can accomplish with their tuning.

RACNRAY

• Helpful
Reactions: Kost
#11 ·
Did you get anymore feed back regarding the Lloyds remote tune and the Freedom 2 into 1?
I got my new Pursuit about a month ago and the dealer had a set of Freedoms, which I got him to install. I have had misfire codes on both cylinders since, even after they cleared them at the run in service, they came back nearly instantly. I have just tonight booked in for the remote tune next week. Hoping that may help.
The dealership has not had the remote computer etc from Lloyds very long and don't know too much about it. They are the only dealership in NZ that has it (I believe).

#19 ·
I just installed the Freedom Performance 2 into 1 side dump exhaust on my new 2021 Challenger Dark Horse last month. (pics to follow) It comes with a very loud insert baffle. Upon starting it up, I discovered it was just too loud. I immediately shut it off and changed out the baffle that came in the exhaust to the quiet baffle. (I ordered the quiet baffle with this system...knowing I'd probably need it) The quiet baffle is much better, but still loud. I ran the bike for about a week with this exhaust and the stock tune, no issues. I then contacted RVS and sent them my ECU. It came back in less than a week. Amazing difference, the RVS tuned ECU makes. Much smoother and throttle response is improved. I can now lug the engine down to 1500 rpms with no jerking/bucking. Performance/drivability has improved drastically from 1500 thru 4000 rpms. Performance from 4000 thru 6000 is better but not significantly. I suspect the stock cams are the culprit here. I did install a K&N filter while the ECU was away and told RVS to tune the bike for that also.
I went with RVS because of my past experience with them. I've used their tunes in my Polaris SXS's, with great results. I don't have any experience with Lloyd's but they are probably good also.
I scraped the turn down tip of the side exhaust 1st ride out. I had it clocked to point out to the side of the bike. What's nice about this exhaust is that you can "clock" the tip in different positions. After scraping it, I installed with the tip facing straight down, which improves cornering clearance. The do offer a straight tip the point's straight out the back. This one would offer the best clearance. I'm will most likely order this tip for next season. This system is much lighter than the stock system. This also must help with the performance increase I noticed. I'll post pics soon.
Lenn

#20 ·
Thanks for the reply! I'm going threw Lloyds because I really don't want to pull the ECU and deal with that and I have a remote tuning center where I live so its really more for convenience. Where did you order the quite baffle from? I know on freedom website most items are always on backorder so didn't know if you got it from a different site. Definitely post pics

#24 ·
It's a good sounding exhaust. The replaced bag brackets provided are good, but the biggest and ugliest ones of them all. If you're looking for best gains, it's not as good as other 2-1 setups, but with the sound, most won't care.

#30 ·
Nothing new about crappy chrome with F/P. 12+ years ago when their t/d became popular for the Kawi 1700 v twins numerous complaints and F/P doing nothing about it. It is NOT proper plating as there is no copper, nickel and then the chromium process performed, just the chrome flashed on and especially with anything aluminum peeling/flaking/pitting etc is to be expected.

Reactions: NzGeoff
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.