Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look interesting, but bet ya can not use the bag crash bars ?
Not to sure. I do not have bags.

I just like how short it is....the other 2 into 1 systems come out all the way t ok the rear fender....only looks good with a dummy pipe. That gets pricey.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to sure. I do not have bags.

I just like how short it is....the other 2 into 1 systems come out all the way t ok the rear fender....only looks good with a dummy pipe. That gets pricey.
I think dummy pipe is for the long 2into1 version, not theis pipe?

·
Senior member / gold
6,366 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Pipe is $1500 shipped! Little pricey but i dont blame them, looks sick.

Can I install this pipe and have indian flash a tune for me, or do I need a pv3 as well with this pipe?

·
Rider
471 Posts

Can I install this pipe and have indian flash a tune for me, or do I need a pv3 as well with this pipe?
Yes,you will need a PV3 or some kind of tuner and a tune. An Indian tune will not cut it. 2-1 pipes are awesome, but they also can require some fine tuning to run right.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Good God! I would've guessed 800.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,923 Posts
Good God! I would've guessed 800.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
yup ... puts it right into FAB28 regions.

and beyond Hacker or D&D or RB Racing. (oops and Dirty Bird)
(maybe with shipping they come close)

Only "advantage" of FP pipes: availability through retailers and looks (I like!) ...

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
May go a different route then...tuning isnt a big issue, but the price tag just for the exhaust is a bit steep

·
Rider
471 Posts
Trask has come out with a 2:1 for our bikes. If all goes well, I will be developing tunes for it soon, though it will not fit my bike with the Rico horns if it is the style shown in the photo. Higher priced than the Freedom's here.
OK Craig, I know you are a legend in these forums, so I have to ask. Should most of these companies be doing equal length headers for the best performance? I was raised on old school muscle cars and drag racing. My father always talked about equal length headers being best for performance. Does the tuning lessen/eliminate the negative effect on different length headers on bikes? Or is it since there are only 2 cylinders, its not as crucial?

·
Silver member
4,437 Posts
OK Craig, I know you are a legend in these forums, so I have to ask. Should most of these companies be doing equal length headers for the best performance? I was raised on old school muscle cars and drag racing. My father always talked about equal length headers being best for performance. Does the tuning lessen/eliminate the negative effect on different length headers on bikes? Or is it since there are only 2 cylinders, its not as crucial?
It would be preferred to have equal length headers going into the collector.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If memory serves me right...I seem to recall ?Ducati? overcame the unequal length headers problem by making different diameter size headers to compensate for unequal length.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts