Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Freedom offer a mini baffle that lets the pipes breath but cut the noise just a bit without choking the flow too much? Don't want a 'straight pipe' level of noise, the Indian stage 1 slip ons are too quiet, looking for a reasonable balance.

Thinking of pairing the Freedoms with Wood Performance WI-555 cams and Indian high flow intake for more power when touring.

Lot of Mountain passes and long uphill grades where I will be riding

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
269 Posts
Maybe Zombie Baffles? Haven't tried them with the Freedom Performance exhaust but I think they might work.

·
Rider
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reached out to Freedom Exhaust a few days ago, they recommended their Combat muffler, they said it has their smallest baffle and is loudest, other than straight pipes.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Does Freedom offer a mini baffle that lets the pipes breath but cut the noise just a bit without choking the flow too much? Don't want a 'straight pipe' level of noise, the Indian stage 1 slip ons are too quiet, looking for a reasonable balance.

Thinking of pairing the Freedoms with Wood Performance WI-555 cams and Indian high flow intake for more power when touring.

Lot of Mountain passes and long uphill grades where I will be riding

I would think you are talking about more torque when you say more power ?Torque will help you without the hassle of changing gears anywhere near as much more than straight HP along with a good tune would also help once you have done your pipes and cams. If you use a PVCX or PV3 and a custom tune you will love how smooth the bike will run along with giving you a nice smooth torque across the rev range.

·
Rider
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think you are talking about more torque when you say more power ?Torque will help you without the hassle of changing gears anywhere near as much more than straight HP along with a good tune would also help once you have done your pipes and cams. If you use a PVCX or PV3 and a custom tune you will love how smooth the bike will run along with giving you a nice smooth torque across the rev range.
Thanks for the reply Geoff-3!
Yes more torque and cooler running is what I'm after.

Will consult the techs at Indian of Sturgis to see if they can reflash the Chieftain with this combination or if I need to possibly choose different components that fit mapping, it appears not all component combos are available to be flashed, I don't have a Commander V or other way to custom tune the engine after upgrades.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Thanks for the reply Geoff-3!
Yes more torque and cooler running is what I'm after.

Will consult the techs at Indian of Sturgis to see if they can reflash the Chieftain with this combination or if I need to possibly choose different components that fit mapping, it appears not all component combos are available to be flashed, I don't have a Commander V or other way to custom tune the engine after upgrades.

Ok all the best I trust you get it worked out . Cheers Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts