Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Central Illinois ( Charleston ) Indian Dealer is offering the above mentioned on 2019 chieftain limited and Roadmaster only. Does not include the labor or stage one. This is one or the other and not both.

·
Bronze member
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
116 all the way, stereo is perfect with my full face helmet and volume is only a little past half way. One thing to keep in mind is the labor and stage 1 you will have to pay up front for the 116. You might ask if you can have the 116 kit uninstalled and sell it. That’s would be the best personally.

·
Bronze member
1,529 Posts
116 all the way, stereo is perfect with my full face helmet and volume is only a little past half way. One thing to keep in mind is the labor and stage 1 you will have to pay up front for the 116. You might ask if you can have the 116 kit uninstalled and sell it. That’s would be the best personally.
Or get the kit to go before installation

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
116, you can upgrade the stereo on your own, EVEN with OEM parts if you desire (I do) on your own and save the labor.

Instructions are straightforward and if you can twist a screwdriver and a few other tools, your in like Flynn.

Errol Flynn that is!!!

Errol Flynn - Wikipedia

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I’d go with the audio upgrade. Just because I wouldn’t want to spend the $1,000+ out of pocket for just the stage 1 plus the labor for the installation and then the labor for the 116 install.

I’m mainly a long distance rider so music becomes more important to me after a number of hours in the saddle. The quality of the music sounds is important as well but I know that’s not the same for everyone.

For me the 111 is plenty big enough......and hot enough.

I never thought I’d see the day when a 1.8 Liter motorcycle engine wasn’t big enough.

Rockefeller was once asked how much money is enough. His answer was just a little bit more.

With all that said...

If you plan on getting the 116 installed at some point now would be the time to do it. With the new bikes coming stock with the 116 this is probably the dealers way of moving old inventory and you would save thousands of dollars by having it done now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
without the labor and then their official warranty on it, for the 116ci installation, I will ask for a reduction on the official 2019 price.

To me, the audio is fine enough on 2018 and 2019 models ;-))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts