Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Chief Vintage in Lincoln, NE last Friday. Rode 1803 miles back to the Pacific Northwest then rode to work the next day. Checked the odometer when I got home...1901 miles! Crazy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is crazy!

Hope all is going well with your bike. Anxious to hear about paint/clearcoat quality, mileage, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
18350 said:
Picked up my Chief Vintage in Lincoln, NE last Friday. Rode 1803 miles back to the Pacific Northwest then rode to work the next day. Checked the odometer when I got home...1901 miles! Crazy!
NO coincidence at all, Jettim. None! It was meant to be, Man. When it is meant to be it finds a way to happen! More on that in a few days! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
18350 said:
I can't beleive you still have that ugly warning sticker on it.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First priority was to get home bavarian72. The tank sticker and several others are long gone now!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
speaking of stickers, what did you use to get them off including the big windscreen sticker?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a bunch of time to hand peel the stickers off, there a real *****! Then a soft cloth with a touch of zippo lighter fluid, rewax and you're done! The windshield sticker was the easy one, and I actually removed that at a gas station on the way home from Lincoln, NE. Just peeled and applied windshield cleaner. The zippo lighter fluid does a good job of removing the adhiesive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jettim,

I used a hair dryer to soften them up and they came off pretty easy except the windscreen it was a *****. I have a Cheiftain and the sticker on the windscreen is huge, I surprised that you got it off so easily. Indian should use soft friction stickers on the windscreens. Do you think the lighter fluid is easier on the paint and plastic than adheasive remover?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The zippo fluid is a trick I've been using on aircraft for years, works great and quickly releases the adhesive, the trick is to peel the sticker and wipe the edge as you pull. Once the sticker is off just wipe with a soft cloth with a bit of the zippo on it, and the remaining adhesive will come right off. But do NOT squirt the stuff on and allow it to run all over the paint. Like I said it does remove the wax and you probably shouldn't be puffin on a stoggy either! I heard the dealership in Lincoln calling all over the place, Polaris, other dealers, etc, to get some ideas on how to remove the Chieftain windscreen sticker, sounded like it was much worse than the Vintage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one cursing at the windshield sticker on the Chieftain! I mentioned it to my dealer and she said a lot of people have compained about it, so they are taking them off as they come in. Took my about 45 minutes to do it. PITA!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts