Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good pick for frame sliders? I saw the new RS ones on the last marketing email but the colors clash a bit with the S.

·
Silver member
5,463 Posts

·
Rider
1,295 Posts
Reactions: Breto

·
Silver member
5,463 Posts
I think they look odd with that drop-down bracket. And besides, I’m not a fan of any frame sliders. They always stick out messing up the looks...

I keep telling myself if I ever lay down my bike I have bigger problems.

Were I racing or doing ghymkana, yeah

·
Bronze member
2,198 Posts
And so they should at nearly double the cost of the other offerings IMO.
They are machined billet that drops the actual slider down more, meaning it will hit sooner before other parts on the bike.

The other sliders are just spacers, a poly slider and longer bolt. No reason they should cost more than $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,295 Posts
Any news on these ones you were intent on buying and fitting to your FTR Ferraiolo?

·
Bronze member
2,198 Posts
Sadly no new updates. He claimed with covid it got put on the back burner. But yet he is still making g new parts for the new 636, even that bike in the picture doesn’t have the finished product.

Racing905 is back logged and they can’t bring a bike in for development.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sadly no new updates. He claimed with covid it got put on the back burner. But yet he is still making g new parts for the new 636, even that bike in the picture doesn’t have the finished product.

Racing905 is back logged and they can’t bring a bike in for development.

Damn shame I was looking forward to their crash bar for a while. Much prefer something really solid over regular frame sliders

·
Rider
1,295 Posts
They are machined billet that drops the actual slider down more, meaning it will hit sooner before other parts on the bike.
The other sliders are just spacers, a poly slider and longer bolt. No reason they should cost more than $50
Whilst I agree about the concept of them being lower, they have a tendency to rotate when fitting and tightening them as reported. I wonder how they would fair in a lay down? If they rotated then the simple bolt and poly slider would be better value and better at protecting your pride and joy. Effectively the machined billet part is the bit you're paying for and it has an ineffective functionality.

·
Bronze member
2,198 Posts
Almost every slider made for full fairing sport bikes is of a similar design since the engine mount bolt is usually deep under a fairing.

Once tightened its a non issue.

Also remember, these are for zero speed, and low speed drops.

If you want full high speed sliding protection, that’s what the race rails are for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also remember, these are for zero speed, and low speed drops.
This! I have seen quite a few bikes over the years with deformed frames and engine mounts from at speed spills while rocking frame sliders. Imagine taking a spill and when you get up your plastic body panels are still in perfect condition, however you've bent your frame to protect them. I'd stick with axel and handle bar protection.

·
Registered
478 Posts
This! I have seen quite a few bikes over the years with deformed frames and engine mounts from at speed spills while rocking frame sliders. Imagine taking a spill and when you get up your plastic body panels are still in perfect condition, however you've bent your frame to protect them. I'd stick with axel and handle bar protection.
I think the problem comes from the name. Instead of sliders, they should just call them bumpers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Someone kicked my bike over yesterday while it was parked and my helmet did a fantastic job of saving the bike. I don't usually leave it with the bike but did that day to free up a hand to get my mask on and off and carry my food. Helmet was on the clutch side hooked into the rear handle. Bent my clutch lever and scratched my bar end and mirror so was pretty happy considering. Think I will get some sliders in case another prick decides that is a fun thing to do. Day before that someone stole my car. People are going crazy with all this COVID stuff I think!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Someone kicked my bike over yesterday while it was parked and my helmet did a fantastic job of saving the bike. I don't usually leave it with the bike but did that day to free up a hand to get my mask on and off and carry my food. Helmet was on the clutch side hooked into the rear handle. Bent my clutch lever and scratched my bar end and mirror so was pretty happy considering. Think I will get some sliders in case another prick decides that is a fun thing to do. Day before that someone stole my car. People are going crazy with all this COVID stuff I think!
Wow... Sorry to hear that. Props for having a good attitude over it all. Covid is really showing how fragile humans can be. in some ways understandably, in other ways not at all ...in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I was rear ended at relatively low speed on my ftr, say maybe 15 mph, no more than 20. When my bike hit the ground on the right side it was the bottom of the fork, bars, and pipe that took the main brunt of the damage (as you'd expect). However, I needed a new frame because the steering stops sheered right off from the force of the bars hitting the ground.

My point here is that even if the bike goes down at low speed with frame protection, I see an high chance of those steering stops breaking right off (obviously as frame sliders don't protect that 😅). I mean they definitely can be repaired with some fabrication and the frame wouldn't necessarily be comprised but you'd still have a busted frame.. I know this is all pretty obvious I just wanted to point out that if the bike is going down at even a low speed you might find yourself with a damaged frame regardless of frame protection. But i'd still rock them. Patiently waiting on the R&Gs to arrive....

Still surprised the bike wasn't totaled out but they repaired it all with a new rear fender, new swing arm, frame, and all the obvious other stuff... and got a nice $2500 for my stock exhaust 😅

1 - 20 of 30 Posts