Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent this to me so I have no details other than the pictures. Is this any member here? Maybe this is old news and a abused bike?

Tim
EA3C799E-6CE8-4EC8-BFB2-D5038ED0FF82.png
403FBB33-2C6A-4466-9302-49CD0C789D5D.png

·
Registered
478 Posts
Without knowing what happened, there is no point in speculating. If there was a huge impact, it would be completely different than if it was just rolling down the road and hit a painted line.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Either way, that ain't good. It don't look like a frontal impact. Hard to tell what happened.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Maybe he came down hard from a giant wheelie. ;)

I have no idea how these frames are made. I suppose there could have been some sort of metallurgical flaw; but, like I said, you can't tell much from just this photo. For all we know, this bike could have been dropped off the top of a 5 story building.

·
Bronze member
3,435 Posts
well the serial number is in plain view to see if it was a salvage... I call BS.. there are more photos... totally looks like to me bike abuse... and the wheelie theory is not that far off...

·
Rider
648 Posts
I’ve seen it twice on Facebook today. They are saying he was just going through a gentle turn and it just broke. I’m calling BS on that. Unless he just got the lucky one, there are too many of these bikes on the road for a manufacturing flaw like that to it have popped up several times.

·
Bronze member
2,661 Posts
That pic was posted on one of the IM Facebook groups with this information...the rider was going thru a curve when the frame neck broke.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
This is some troll bullshit. Either he wenched it down on the trailer based on the straps and it fell over or he wrecked and wants to talk shit. He either hit something at high speed or wrecked his bike and is trying to blame Indian to get a free replacement. I don't buy any of it.

We have all been here for years and I have seen two bike prior do that and both were wrecked badly, which is the neck of the frame is designed to give way under high impact to lessen the impact of your crash. If your neck frame is too stiff you fly off and die.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts