Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Their on the ball too! How rare is that; jez kiddin.
From reading this forum I'm not sure if it is a rare occurrence or sort of a common one. I do know this that in my, since January 2014, history of owning an Indian motorcycle I have dealt with the very worst dealership I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, regardless of brand. As for Tytler Cycle I would put them right at the top as one of the two best dealerships I ever dealt with.

·
Gold member
6,448 Posts
From reading this forum I'm not sure if it is a rare occurrence or sort of a common one. I do know this that in my, since January 2014, history of owning an Indian motorcycle I have dealt with the very worst dealership I have ever had The misfortune of dealing with, regardless of brand. I would put Tytler Cycle right at the top as one of the two best dealerships I ever dealt with.
And that's a good thing! Nice! I've been to two and both are Idiots. My original dealer, and a five biker ride with me we hit one up in Conn. Five guys with money, it was said to us he was too short staffed for test rides (that's a wowie) and I held up a 5-600.00 dollar jacket and asked so everyone could hear for 10% discount, Flat out nope! I didn't take my Harley I rode my Dark Horse and four other Harley's all new and shinny-What an idiot. He had stale donuts for free. 2000 yards down the road was a Harley dealer/ Free outdoor music, free beer free cigars and pizza. I'll never go back there again kuz they were too nice as I got comfortable with the Indian abuse and stale donuts.

·
Registered
958 Posts
They sell a lot of bikes via the internet. It's just marketing, that's all. They aren't waiting for the customer to come through the door. Besides this new generation does a lot of the big ticket shopping online nowadays. My brother who sells cars says internet shopping is the coming thing and has been for quite a while now. He just sold a car yesterday to a woman 350 miles away, over the phone. They want your best price and that's it. Some dealers don't play that game as you will never see the vehicle for service and make any money that way. And as we all know service is where a dealership really makes money. I have seen Tytlers sell several Ducati Panigales to people that did not live in the area. Green Bay wi is not really a 30k Ducati kind of town. I notice the color of the bike pictured states thunder black, well that's wrong or it's a picture of a different bike. They also do customization of bikes at times, sometimes just for the owner Mike. They have a victory with a turbo on it, that I have driven since 2014 and a very nicely done Victory Gunner, which might be listed on the site as well. I made a mistake on the turbo and the custom painted bikes they're both 2012 and one is a victory hammer not a gunner.

Reactions: Hatt and TN1WR

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's very nice. That custom hammer they have ain't bad either. But unless they are discounting the mods, doesn't this ruin all the fun?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tytler Cycle has this?
Apparently!
I hadn't lay'd eyes on it my self, (YET!!! Oh but I will!) but it's says it is, and I recognize the spot in the room it sits, and the store front windows .. so I'm confident enough to say, Yuppers!
And to add, I to have found Tytlers to be a great
Dealership.. Red is my guy! He did stuff he didn't have to do for me with out my asking when I showed up on my bike that I bought from a non Indian dealer to switch over warranty after lapse of paper work date.. he could have shown me out.. also when I had ol' no.15s starter/flywheel issue fixed, they went ahead and did my 2k service for nothin... hell, when I come to them to clarify or prove/disprove forum gossip, they don't belittle me, and treat me respectfully even if , I may have said the dumbest thing!! :oops:
as others have said, a great selection of bikes, in out of the box styles, and also light customs, and a few hard-coded, like a supercharged Vic.
I saw a sigh saying have a dyno as well..
So, yes Tytlers, is good peeps.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We should all agree on a date and go see (or buy) it! Lol!
One if the things I like about it, is that since I have been thinking that because of the scouts wheel shape, that if they were chromed , or polished they would look really cool, and was contemplating doing so,, this bike confirms my assumption. IMO

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Apparently!
I hadn't lay'd eyes on it my self, (YET!!! Oh but I will!) but it's says it is, and I recognize the spot in the room it sits, and the store front windows .. so I'm confident enough to say, Yuppers!
And to add, I to have found Tytlers to be a great
Dealership.. Red is my guy! He did stuff he didn't have to do for me with out my asking when I showed up on my bike that I bought from a non Indian dealer to switch over warranty after lapse of paper work date.. he could have shown me out.. also when I had ol' no.15s starter/flywheel issue fixed, they went ahead and did my 2k service for nothin... hell, when I come to them to clarify or prove/disprove forum gossip, they don't belittle me, and treat me respectfully even if , I may have said the dumbest thing!! :oops:
as others have said, a great selection of bikes, in out of the box styles, and also light customs, and a few hard-coded, like a supercharged Vic.
I saw a sigh saying have a dyno as well..
So, yes Tytlers, is good peeps.
As for the dyno, yes they do.

·
Gold member
6,448 Posts
From reading this forum I'm not sure if it is a rare occurrence or sort of a common one. I do know this that in my, since January 2014, history of owning an Indian motorcycle I have dealt with the very worst dealership I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, regardless of brand. As for Tytler Cycle I would put them right at the top as one of the two best dealerships I ever dealt with.
What about all the people That were blowing smoke up a Gregory's Butt dealership, I don't hear that cry out anymore. So is Titlers that much better. ( dang that spell correct)! Oh well.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
What about all the people That were blowing smoke up a Gregory's Butt dealership, I don't hear that cry out anymore. So is Titlers that much better. ( dang that spell correct)! Oh well.
A lot of folks seem to like that Gregory outfit. Sounds like he gets a lot of custom work done there and it sounds like his mechanics keep the customers very happy. If you got good mechanics, reasonable rates, you got half the battle won. I go to Tytler Cycle at 105 miles away from where I live it's the closest Indian dealership. I have been to the other four Indian dealerships here in Wisconsin and they all had something going for them that made going there worth the trip. I still have to give a shout out to Indian of Racine Wisconsin. Just to go into that cool old Studebaker dealership is worth the trip alone. Plus the people there are very helpful and friendly.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts