·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
Reactions: Hatt and MilwDave

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No telling w/o seeing them in person. If they are in mint condition they should be able to be applied and clear coated for durability. Originally $399.99 now only $239.99? Seriously? Pass.
I'd think they'd be brittle, or the two papers are now permanently fixed to each other through time.. but ya, guess we never know .. but I'd bet...

·
Bronze member
2,933 Posts
A sucker born every minute . You can not be serious about even thinking that these might be original unless you are thinking originally made this century . Ask him to show you where these appeared on the "original vintage Indian Motorcycle" .

On further thought I should have not stated what I did . I just think I would never pay that price . Everyone has their own opinion on the value of things and what they are willing to pay and I am cheap when it comes to spending and like to get a good deal .

I apologize , never looked at the e-bay listing went back and saw the extra info supplied in the other photo's as to the instructions / directions etc... .
What threw me is that I have seen other tank decals that look similiar if not identical looking for much less money .

(see below )
The Palm Brothers Decalcomania Company was incorporated in Cincinnati in 1868 by Otto Palm, as the first decal company in America. Palm Brothers decals were used in advertising and to mark buses, trucks and airplanes, including planes used in World War I and II. Several members of the Palm family worked for the company. The firm moved to Norwood, Ohio, in 1899 and was sold to the American Decal Manufacturing Company in 1956. Includes numerous decals made for the Remington Rand typewriter company.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A sucker born every minute . You can not be serious about even thinking that these might be original unless you are thinking originally made this century .
You seem pretty confident. I personally don't know one way or the other. Because I haven't seen them in person.
But, I do know Indian as a name has been making bikes this century, and last.. maybe they are original from the 50s.
Maybe they are original from 2002..
Either one would be original.
Since your so confident, I'd ask what's the green text on them say? And what are they exactly if you know they are not original are they?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
And no. I wouldn't buy the ones I posted. I don't want "original" stickers at over 2 bills...
Just posted these for conversation..

·
Bronze member
2,933 Posts
No just to tell you they are not valuable and not to have anyone waste there money . Of coarse you are free to buy them if you want to .

·
Bronze member
2,933 Posts
These are truer to some of the earlier decals Indian had on their bikes and can be found on ebay also .

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No just to tell you they are not valuable and not to have anyone waste there money . Of coarse you are free to buy them if you want to .
I wouldn't. But any one looking to replace their original water slide decal with this water slide with the proper black outline and "made in USA" on them might be. People with restorations may like them, and would pay it if that's what they are after.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Palm Brother were sold in 1956 but I am not sure if the name persisted in use on decals after that but there are references out to 1988 as a business name. Interesting is the Made in USA stamp which does appear on the actual bikes at various times but usually never seen on non official decals and images

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Palm Brother were sold in 1956 but I am not sure if the name persisted in use on decals after that but there are references out to 1988 as a business name. Interesting is the Made in USA stamp which does appear on the actual bikes at various times but usually never seen on non official decals and images
Excellent contribution.
And that's right the devil is in the details.
I don't see many re pops That are that crisp. It does also look a bit different in some scales and shapes with in. Namely the collar and the face.
And and yes, the made in USA I never have seen on the more prevalent repops, also, the black border line around the war bonnet is not very typical of the new stuff. Those details set these far apart from what we normally see for some one looking for restoration reasons..
Same with over all thickness.
It being a water slide verses vinyl Will have different results when painting over.. another thing a resto. Would pay attention too as well..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts