Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't make it work any other way with what I had on hand. Wouldn't fit with a modified handlebar bag or tool tube.

So had this piece of 1 inch thick hard dense rubber like foam block, slice it 2 inches wide place bottle and slide piece in. Added a safety leather strap and it ain't going anywhere.

May not be the prettiest thing to look at but frees up space in the saddlebags.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have that seat-it looks decent with the bottle under there but does the seat have any motion if you bottom the suspension?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok maybe not dangerous... but if I see some dude cruising around on a scout with an ugly ass MSR bottle strapped up underneath his seat with a leather strap and a foam block I think to myself WTF is that guy thinking. You spent all that money for your bad ass seat and rack, not to mention the bike itself, and you stick a $20.00 camping bottle under your seat with a little high test?. I don't think that's what the Indian designers had in mind. Now if you live out in sticks maybe? but I would still just have a tank at home to fill up with and ride to the next gas station or strap something to the rack. I'm just a less is more type of guy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm still in project mode with this. There's an empty space under that seat and trying to use it up. As for the ugly bottle, thinking of painting it same color as the bike and maybe come up with some kind of bracket or something. I don't see it as being worst then strapping it somewhere else on the bike.

I like to carry this extra fuel on road trips since our gas tanks are pretty small. So once loaded up with gear, you'll barely see it.

Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just want to add. I am getting a sissybar so it will probably end up in a bag back there. Still would like to use up that empty space under the seat for something.

·
Belgian rider
554 Posts
I couldn't make it work any other way with what I had on hand. Wouldn't fit with a modified handlebar bag or tool tube.

So had this piece of 1 inch thick hard dense rubber like foam block, slice it 2 inches wide place bottle and slide piece in. Added a safety leather strap and it ain't going anywhere.

View attachment 576794 View attachment 576795 View attachment 576796
Well, it is not my kind of riding longer distance with a motorcycle and not my favorite modification.
BUT IMO … If you feel happy with this solution, it's ok for me !!! Who am I and what's my opinion worth ?
Before I have bought my Roadmaster I have looked at the tank capacity and fuel consumption.
'De coloribus et gustibus non disputandum est' or ' we do not argue colors and tastes'.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Since you asked for opinions,.... I think you are taking away from the look of the seat and bike by putting something under there. I would buy a nice leather holder for it and strap it to the rack.

·
Registered
113 Posts

View attachment 576794 View attachment 576795 View attachment 576796

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
How about using a couple of those dryer vent hose clamps and mount that can to your rear exhaust pipe?

Oh yeah.........it would look stupid and it might be dangerous too!
LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well I like it. I would invest in a matching brown leather wrap for it so that it looks like it was always meant to be there. Then it could be made to look like a cylinder bag that was designed for that space.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts