Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,644 Posts
Aside from the custom paint etc. what brand of trike conversion is it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is my trike. Was built by Cherokee Cycles in Greer, SC as their entry in the Indian Project Scout contest. It is a 2016 Indian Scout with a Motor Trike kit. Has independent rear suspension, air bags and electric reverse. Won first place in Trike division and best Non-Harley at Hot Harley nights in Sioux Falls last year. Heading to Durango Rendezvous again in June where it won trophy there last year.
The B-17 it is named after was put into service on my father's 21st birthday. He was serving with a Canadian Anti Aircraft unit on the White Cliffs of Dover at the time. Didn't think he would live to see 21 and a day. After following the build and learning the story of that bomber, I wrote Danny Patterson a letter sharing my story with an offer to buy. He agreed that I should be the one to own her. So my trike is a tribute to all that have served.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is my trike. Was built by Cherokee Cycles in Greer, SC as their entry in the Indian Project Scout contest. It is a 2016 Indian Scout with a Motor Trike kit. Has independent rear suspension, air bags and electric reverse. Won first place in Trike division and best Non-Harley at Hot Harley nights in Sioux Falls last year. Heading to Durango Rendezvous again in June where it won trophy there last year.
The B-17 it is named after was put into service on my father's 21st birthday. He was serving with a Canadian Anti Aircraft unit on the White Cliffs of Dover at the time. Didn't think he would live to see 21 and a day. After following the build and learning the story of that bomber, I wrote Danny Patterson a letter sharing my story with an offer to buy. He agreed that I should be the one to own her. So my trike is a tribute to all that have served.
Awesome trike and story. I knew it was built at Cherokee Cycles, but didn’t know the rest of the story. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for the tribute.

Bubba

1 - 10 of 10 Posts