Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had a bike I've put forward crash bars on, until my 2018 Chief Vintage. I've bought highway bar rest foot rests, but haven't had luck adjusting them....is the goal to streTch out, legs extended, without a care in the world?

I just haven't been able to adjust min to feel comfortable....and suggestions?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
It'll just depend on what suits you best. It took me a while to get mine adjusted just the way I like them. I've seen some guys with their highway pegs way up on the crash bars and when they go down the highway, it looks like they're in a recliner with their legs that high. Never tried that position before and it doesn't look uncomfortable, just from a safety aspect it looks it may be difficult if you need to brake suddenly.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I keep mine relatively low on the crash bar, using it only for a slight change in foot/leg position. I'm not real big on the reclining position. Not too safe in my book.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
German rider
710 Posts
Motoman installed his Pegs upside down with very easy-going hinge, so it will function as a side stand.
No joke, saw it on his video.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have short legs, so just use toe rests. I can put feet up if I want to stretch out for short time.

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
I use only toe rests also... and I'm 6' tall.. it allows me to stretch and spread out which is fine for me... I don't like being to stretched out or my feet up to high.. that's totally uncomfortable to me.. but I came off of a bike with forward controls so maybe you just get used to it... I don't know and never will I guess

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
I use only toe rests also... and I'm 6' tall.. it allows me to stretch and spread out which is fine for me... I don't like being to stretched out or my feet up to high.. that's totally uncomfortable to me.. but I came off of a bike with forward controls so maybe you just get used to it... I don't know and never will I guess
Same here. Tad over 6 ft and a bit long legged ta'boot. I bought my '15 Vintage pre loved and the highway pegs were already mounted on the crash bars. I've tried them a few times but the position with feet on HW pegs makes me feel like I'm getting ready to give birth or ready for a pap smear. The peg mounts do make for good toe rests though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm 6'2", and usually put the back of my heel/ankle up on the highway peg. It's a very comfortable position. Sometimes I move the instep of my boot to the peg just to change positions, but I usually stick with the back of the heel. I only do this on the highway, of course, as I don't want my feet too far from the controls in traffic or on twisty roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts