Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
'19 SF - Metallic Jade & Thunder Black
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked for a map of forum members and couldn't find one. So I'm working on putting one together via a shareable Google Map. The purpose of the map would be for coordinating rides, events, and other meet ups for members.

Map link: Indian Riders Map - Google My Maps

I know some ride apps have a feature such as this but not everyone uses the same app and I wanted to create something everyone could access.

I may import add'l data at some point to include independently owned restaurants, Indian dealerships, etc. but for now, it's just members as this is more of a labor of love type thing.

If you'd like to be put on the map, just let me know your city and state or comparable info outside of the U.S. I'll add you using your forum membership name (unless you prefer a diff't name). If you want any add'l info about you added to your tag such as: bike model, "prefers not to ride at night," "willing to do overnight rides," "spare bedroom available," etc, just include that in your reply or DM it to me.

·
Administrator
23,591 Posts
Great idea! Please add me : Roxborough CO

We used to have this feature on the old platform, but even with (only) 20,000 members it was a mess — just a big jumble of pins that all ran together. Now we’ve got twice as many members, but technology and improvements in graphics and the zoom function should help offset that (plus the other one was automatic and this one is voluntary).

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey - I live in Mico TX, 78056, and you can add me! Would be great to be able to see the other riders. We haven't gotten the bikes out of the storage trailer since we moved tho because I am deployed and hubby is too busy (and it's been cold) but we will be riding this spring! We will have to see if they have an active IMRG at Mission City Indian.

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chief, "Adeline"
231 Posts
Great idea! Please add me : Roxborough CO

We used to have this feature on the old platform, but even with (only) 20,000 members it was a mess — just a big jumble of pins that all ran together. Now we’ve got twice as many members, but technology and improvements in graphics and the zoom function should help offset that (plus the other one was automatic and this one is voluntary).
I could probably put something together with improved visualization, like pin globbing (pins close enough become a single pin with a count when zoomed out). I dislike front end engineering, but I could still toss together a proof of concept.

Also, feel free to add Stoughton, WI.

Reactions: Rascal and Lee-Bro

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's a shame that the page owners can't datamine the membership and just create a map since everyone had to indicate where they are in the world when they join??? I don't know the hows or this, but I know it could probably be done if the page had that kind of app inside it.

Reactions: Rascal

·
Registered
'19 SF - Metallic Jade & Thunder Black
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a side note: I'm using the punctuation and capitalization exactly as it is here on the forum. If you wish to have it display differently, just let me know.

1 - 20 of 387 Posts