Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I miss the good old days when you could simply draw and quarter violators. I guess no more flogging either?

I'm glad to see this place is well moderated. Thanks!

·
Rider
1,134 Posts
The edits and deletions are most common - - no points. 97% of the folks here “get” the rules and have no issues complying. The rules are fairly straightforward and reasonable, IMHO. Now that the ”pandemic“ thread has gone away, and we have reinforced that bright line rule on “no politics,” things have gotten much easier. The recent events at The Capitol reflect that — I was holding my breath but only had one guy post a thread (which was deleted and he knew it probly would be).

In the last month we have suspended two people. One was an “in your face” repeat violator (doing the same thing repeatedly — sorta like banging your head against the wall/ 2nd suspension for doing the same stuff). The other one was a relatively new guy who decided he was going to get in a bar fight with everybody on the forum on a topic that should have been completely innocuous.

Formal warnings are fairly rare — once every couple of weeks.
Yeah, some sh!t would likely have flown if Pandemic was still open ! ! !

·
Registered
114 Posts
So let's get this straight once and for all!!!
1) According to the "rules", almost everything I'm thinking is a violation of said "rules" should I actually post them.
2) Am I to understand that exposed nipples are against the "rules"? But what about body painted nipples in Icy conditions? That's a n art form, Is this forum following the senseless censorship trends of the social media tyrants and following through with a puritanical ideology of extreme clothing?
3) Being an "a__h__e, that's still ok-----right?

Your house, your rules

·
Administrator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is this forum following the senseless censorship trends of the social media tyrants and following through with a puritanical ideology of extreme clothing?
3) Being an "a__h__e, that's still ok-----right?
The countervailing view is that we are in fact bending the other way — loosening the rules. Some would decry treating women as sex objects. I prefer to think of it as more deeply appreciating the beauty they bring into this sometimes-shabby world.

As far as being an asshat, methinks we are all just that at one point or another. Not that I have ever been accused of that! :cool:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Treating women as sex objects is just that. I am opposed to it here and most every where. However, apparently Hollywood and the gaming community disagree with me. That’s fine, but I would point out that objectifying women through a celebration of semi dress sexual poses is no less and oddly equitable an act of sexual and gender objectification as making women wear hijabs and burkas. My thoughts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Treating women as sex objects is just that. I am opposed to it here and most every where. However, apparently Hollywood and the gaming community disagree with me. That’s fine, but I would point out that objectifying women through a celebration of semi dress sexual poses is no less and oddly equitable an act of sexual and gender objectification as making women wear hijabs and burkas. My thoughts.
I truly hope these girls are posing for these pics of their own free will and nobody’s MAKING them. That would be mean.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just want to thank the Mods. There are a lot of grey areas that has to be covered and ruled on. Glad it's not me. Thanks for all you do.... even if it restricts my wants. Respect! (y)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just a suggestion - you may want to consider pinning this thread (if that is even an option) to the top of the default landing page for a few weeks or so.

·
Administrator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just a suggestion - you may want to consider pinning this thread (if that is even an option) to the top of the default landing page for a few weeks or so.
I pinned it as soon as I posted it but it can only be pinned in the section in which it is posted — in this case, “general discussion.” There’s no way to pin across all threads...

·
Silver member
4,589 Posts
I think we need to have a suspended / ban camp Shaming thread. Who ever gets suspended or banned gets placed in the stocks so we all know who it was...hahaha :ROFLMAO:.
Ah then again maybe not - some members will start competing on who goes there the most...haha

View attachment 619172
never mind... self deleted ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
As @HINK stated earlier . . . we Mods have been discussing the revisions for a few days - primarily for consistancy amongst ourselves. Once codified, we sent notification to Vertical Scope Admins - not for permission, but as our decision on governance. We are probably only one of a very few forum group Mods to have done so. We Mods enjoy this forum and wish to keep everything civil and non-threatening.

It isn't about PC posting, or dainty feelings - it ALL about respect, civility and fun among Indian MC owners - about motorcycles. Our Guidelines ("Rules") are straight forward, fair and pretty tolerant, IMHO. We all agree that drama, BS and agression can be found elsewhere and not tolerated here.
Hell, personally, I am quite non-PC, and don't give a $h*t about someone's feelings if they can't take a joke. Nor do I agree with the pansy way kids are raised today. A good spanking taught me much in childhood. Hopefully a spanking (ban camp) here can influence behavior, if not . . . Poof! . . . gone.

EQ

·
Registered
104 Posts
On a boating forum I frequent we have The Bilges where all the shite gets dumped, occasionally someone is made to walk the plank, they're fed to the fishes and they're gone forever. Is there a biking equivalent to the bilges, the waste oil dumpster or oily rag bin perhaps?.....that way we get to see who's been goony without them actually being named and shamed.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I truly hope these girls are posing for these pics of their own free will and nobody’s MAKING them. That would be mean.
Free will - interesting word choice. Too often either poverty or the illusion of being able to move up the "career" ladder drives many of these women to undress. Enjoying or deriving pleasure from their "freewill" is at its base, exploitation. Overlay that with sexuality, and one has the basis for laying the foundation for further moral decay. Yes, beautiful women, the human form, and sexuality are all legitimate forms of art. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of what is in my last sentence. Exploitation occurs when platforms for this "art" occur without the safe guards that ensure that the participant is engaged in "freewill" and that measures have been taken to ensure no exploitation is occurring. If you have a daughter, especially a younger one, you understand the societal pressures these young women are placed under. Top that off with all the mixed messages our society sends them and the confusion that comes from social media and the media - all of which they must navigate many times a day, and one can understand why some of us question the necessity of providing such pics on a motorcycle site.

To be clear, pictures highlighting beautiful women on motorcycles are not evil or inappropriate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The protocol is way too complicated, IMO.
Need something simpler like this from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "in Castle Anthrax, we have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon: you must tie her down on a bed and spank her.
You must spank her well, and after you have spanked her, you may deal with her as you like."
See.... Much more straightforward and easier to track and implement.

·
Administrator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Is there a biking equivalent to the bilges, the waste oil dumpster or oily rag bin perhaps?..
I think it’s a brilliant idea — an “oil thread dump,” mayhaps? But naming and shaming is half the fun!

Too often either poverty or the illusion of being able to move up the "career" ladder drives many of these women to undress.
I posted one over in “nsfw” and I challenge you to tell me she is not doing this voluntarily. Hell, she’s got a gun so I doubt anything about it is involuntary.

·
Administrator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Many women — just like many guys (cuz I’m one of ‘em) work damn hard to be fit and to look good. They are proud of what they have accomplished. Nobody “forced” them to post their photos. And if I re-post them, it’s because I share an appreciation of how hard they’ve worked to get where they are.

But if I run across any photos of oppressed women I will be careful not to post them.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts