Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Indian of a Fort Worth today and saw the Indian Scout. I would post pictures but they would be the same as everyone else posted. After having read everything I can get my hands on about the scout to include this forum where the majority of the info came from it was still a thrill to see it in person and to also be able to sit on it. I am 5'10", 32-33 inch in seam. It was comfortable but the front pegs were a little closer than I thought they would be. Once I get mine that may be something I have to address. I got there just as they rolled them off the truck and they immediately took them into the showroom. I did get to hear them briefly and they sounded good. Really everything was as I expected, I liked it a lot. What still surprises me is the lack of info that is given to the dealer staff. They simply don't have any answers to the common questions that are being asked on this forum. They were still taking preorders, thru today only at this dealership, since they had the display truck. Of course the answer as to when orders might be filled is as illusive as big foot. The question about whether the dealerships would have the accessories upon arrival of a preordered bike was not known, also they did not know if the bikes would show up with the accessories installed (I had heard this was a possibility). The accessory catalog says "passenger backrest sissy bar, genuine leather saddlebags and straight stage 1 exhaust available March 2015. All other accessories available by January 2015". So once we get our bikes will we have accessories? I guess that is yet to be determined. If I am repeating what ha already published, I apologize, just thought I would relay what came from the Fort Worth horses mouth. I guess we will all go blind hunting for any kind of news up to the time we get our bikes. It's going to be a long fall

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Went to Indian of a Fort Worth today and saw the Indian Scout. I would post pictures but they would be the same as everyone else posted. After having read everything I can get my hands on about the scout to include this forum where the majority of the info came from it was still a thrill to see it in person and to also be able to sit on it. I am 5'10", 32-33 inch in seam. It was comfortable but the front pegs were a little closer than I thought they would be. Once I get mine that may be something I have to address. I got there just as they rolled them off the truck and they immediately took them into the showroom. I did get to hear them briefly and they sounded good. Really everything was as I expected, I liked it a lot. What still surprises me is the lack of info that is given to the dealer staff. They simply don't have any answers to the common questions that are being asked on this forum. They were still taking preorders, thru today only at this dealership, since they had the display truck. Of course the answer as to when orders might be filled is as illusive as big foot. The question about whether the dealerships would have the accessories upon arrival of a preordered bike was not known, also they did not know if the bikes would show up with the accessories installed (I had heard this was a possibility). The accessory catalog says "passenger backrest sissy bar, genuine leather saddlebags and straight stage 1 exhaust available March 2015. All other accessories available by January 2015". So once we get our bikes will we have accessories? I guess that is yet to be determined. If I am repeating what ha already published, I apologize, just thought I would relay what came from the Fort Worth horses mouth. I guess we will all go blind hunting for any kind of news up to the time we get our bikes. It's going to be a long fall
I bought my Indian at Ft Worth Indian. The dealership is long on nice but short on information. Guess we will have to wait until they get some more time under their belt.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yep I was there today and you are right, no one has any info... At least I got to see a black bike, since that's what I ordered August 6th...
All we can do now is Shit and wait.... lol.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's probably just a matter of production logistics. tooling, fabrication, plating, stitching, packaging, quality control..... etc.. There's a lot of work involved in tooling up the factory and it's suppliers for
the Scout alone. The Chief was, no doubt, even more complex to realize.
I would prefer to err on the side of caution and would want to wait until they are ready. For those of you who live in snow and ice region, it might not be a terribly bad thing. Except, of course, for those of
you diehards that ride in the wintertime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to Garland today was hopping for some info from them guess I want be getting any. There making it hard to make a call on buying one or not. It's gonna have to very impressive or my go another way ie Harley. I know that's a dirty word but dang they need to have there stuff together very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'm going to Garland today was hopping for some info from them guess I want be getting any. There making it hard to make a call on buying one or not. It's gonna have to very impressive or my go another way ie Harley. I know that's a dirty word but dang they need to have there stuff together very disappointing.
Greg,
Good luck on the Garland facility. I went there prior to going to Ft Worth Indian. There seemed to have less information than their western counterpart. Now that was a while ago so hopefully they have more information now.
The issue you are going to run into....anywhere you go....is the Scout is very new and not that much information exists. I would get in touch with Yolanda at Ft Worth Indian and ask her specific questions. Tell her you need to know the answers and if she needs to contact Indian Corporate (AKA Polaris) then to get it done. She is very helpful and not the least bit modest about getting in touch with corporate.
No dealership wants to potentially lose a sale because of information. That tends to be the simplest thing to get.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info Dr. Z, supposed to see the scout at 2:00 will see it gos if I still have unanswered questions I'll call Yolanda

·
Registered
90 Posts
How much more info do people need?

Here are the facts:

All the specifications, pictures, available colours and optional accessories are posted on the Indian website.

Most of the major publications - internet and print based have done introductory 'first ride' reviews.

A lot of people have had an opportunity to test ride them, post forum comments, youtubes and a plethora of pictures. Many others have had a chance to at least see them in person. (I personally have had neither)

A reservation through the website and a $500 deposit with the dealer secured your place in line for a first run bike. The 'noreply' email from Indian stated delivery in December 2014. The First Run offer is now essentially closed as Indian has received the required number of reservations.

At this point you probably have a limited chance to get a first run bike. But if you wait a few more months the regular runs of Scouts will start showing up at dealerships. At that point you can look at, fondle, sit on, touch and buy the Scout of your choice.

Other than the above, I don't know what else we hope to learn prior to taking delivery? Personally, it doesn't matter how much more I see or read, all I want to do is ride my brand-spankin'-new, Thunder Black, Indian Scout off into the sunset!

·
Registered
92 Posts

Here are the facts:

All the specifications, pictures, available colours and optional accessories are posted on the Indian website.

Most of the major publications - internet and print based have done introductory 'first ride' reviews.

A lot of people have had an opportunity to test ride them, post forum comments, youtubes and a plethora of pictures. Many others have had a chance to at least see them in person. (I personally have had neither)

A reservation through the website and a $500 deposit with the dealer secured your place in line for a first run bike. The 'noreply' email from Indian stated delivery in December 2014. The First Run offer is now essentially closed as Indian has received the required number of reservations.

At this point you probably have a limited chance to get a first run bike. But if you wait a few more months the regular runs of Scouts will start showing up at dealerships. At that point you can look at, fondle, sit on, touch and buy the Scout of your choice.

Other than the above, I don't know what else we hope to learn prior to taking delivery? Personally, it doesn't matter how much more I see or read, all I want to do is ride my brand-spankin'-new, Thunder Black, Indian Scout off into the sunset!
Yesssss, I'm with you!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here are the facts:

part of the fun of all this is the amount of speculation and also seeing the responses that differ from your own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts