Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My forks are not leaking at 26K and planning a long trip in near future. Should i go ahead and have them serviced now and for those of that had this done cane you really tell a difference?? And Did or would you put OEM oil in them??-- Thanx in advance!! Any advice would be appreciated..

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wondering the same thing at 24K. No leaks. But lately I think I'm sensing a bit less dampening from the front wheel. I hope this summer will involve a number of mult-day trips so I'd like it to be in good condition.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I just had my forks done at 40,000 miles. There was no leaking; however, there was a noticeable decay in effectiveness. The bike rides like a new bike. In the future, I will most likely do the change at 30,000 intervals.

Reactions: swatbob

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I noticed that my ability to stay true in turns was beginning to degrade and I could tell it was at the forks. This became subtly noticeable after 30,000 miles. Not enough to worry me, but enough that I started looking regularly for leaks. These are HEAVY bikes and a lot of force is placed on those forks. The $500 plus price to provide maintenance is ridiculous considering that the manufacture recommends this service every 15,000 miles.

Reactions: Super Jute

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am hoping that progressive or Ohlin will come up with a fork cartridge that will eliminate the need to rebuild so often. Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts