Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else found it extremely hard to remove fork caps or bottom bolt holding forks together . I swear its like they are loctited together and cannot remove either . Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I managed to disassembly the front fork. To remove the upper fork cap, I loosed the clamp pinch bolts and slide the entire fork down between the upper and the lower clamp and screw it tight. So you can use 30mm to break loose the fork cap.
The bottom bolt was also a pain in the ***. Took me a while to break it loose. When done, pull in the inner fork and hold it while screwing the bottom bolt out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had purchased an Indian Scout Service Manual. By assembling the front fork there was said, that you have put the slide bushing into the front leg first. Then you have to put the inner fork tube into the fork leg. IS THIS THE RIGHT ASSEMBLY ORDER? I have some difficulties in putting this in this service manual order! OR is this NOT right - in other manuals, you put the inner tube into the fork leg and THEN you insert the bushing between.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had purchased an Indian Scout Service Manual. By assembling the front fork there was said, that you have put the slide bushing into the front leg first. Then you have to put the inner fork tube into the fork leg. IS THIS THE RIGHT ASSEMBLY ORDER? I have some difficulties in putting this in this service manual order! OR is this NOT right - in other manuals, you put the inner tube into the fork leg and THEN you insert the bushing between.
Product Automotive tire Camera Camera lens Automotive lighting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts