Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo: can the springs and fork oil be replaced without taking the forks off the bike? thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I installed the progressive springs in my Sixty without removing the fork. I got a large syringe and tubing from Amazon. You need to cycle the wheel up and down several times to get the last of the oil out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi there, "springs" alone is a definite YES, "oil" a MAYBE. :oops::unsure:;). If you use either a manual or electric oil/fluid pump and stick the hose down the tube, you may get 80% or so of the old oil out, not more. Just be aware of that. When I did my oil- and spring change, I just took them off - no big deal if you can support the bike with the front wheel off the ground. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed the progressive springs in my Sixty without removing the fork. I got a large syringe and tubing from Amazon. You need to cycle the wheel up and down several times to get the last of the oil out.
Thanks for your response I'm going to give it a try!
Hi there, "springs" alone is a definite YES, "oil" a MAYBE. :oops::unsure:;). If you use either a manual or electric oil/fluid pump and stick the hose down the tube, you may get 80% or so of the old oil out, not more. Just be aware of that. When I did my oil- and spring change, I just took them off - no big deal if you can support the bike with the front wheel off the ground. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply! I may just take them off , a lot more work but it looks like it would be a better job by removing them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts