Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As Earman said, the "scoops go forward." In other words, the bends in the sheetmetal point forward so the air is being scooped inward...kind of like a funnel. Normally we would want things angled rearward to help with aerodynamics, however, here we want them installed angled forward to disrupt the normal flow of air.

In case that doesn't make sense, here's another pic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HI this is JES from JES Custom Accents, in my wind tunnel testing the issue is really not the huge gap between the screen and headlight but, the wind that comes from the bottom of the bike, where you would mount the wind deflectors I have designed, just for the Indian. If you would like to talk off line please fell free to call me. just go the site and see my Cell # or drop an email. If can help in any way let me know...THNAKS
I had those mounted on a Heritage Softail, worked great, HD makes a little saucer cup that mounts between the forks right below gas tanks that help a lot too.. You might want to consider designing something similiar for the Indian. I ride Indian Roadmaster, would be interested on something that would increase air flow over the cylinders.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Just got off the phone with Joe from JES, we spoke a few minutes and just order a pair for my new Springfield, looking forward to receiving them. Thanks Joe
(now have to remember "scoop goes forward")
Earman67, checking to see if you got your wind defectors in for your Springfield and get your feelings on them.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
View attachment 48284 Follow up photos on fork mounted wind deflectors. Great job JES customs!! Easy install too.
Those look great, awaiting mine for my 2015 Chieftain, going to get the unfinished ones and paint them Springfield Blue to match my bike.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

21 - 32 of 32 Posts