Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my fork mounted wind deflectors for my Springfield on Friday and mounted them on Saturday. I ordered a set for the Vintage as Joe (the owner of JES) and I were under the impression that the measurements were the same, however, we were wrong. The Springfield is slightly different and Joe is aware of the issue and will address it for future Springfield orders.

Onto the good news...these deflectors are GREAT! They cut down on the buffeting and I couldn't believe the improvement. We had heavy winds yesterday so I definitely put them to the test. I even ran them up to 90+mph and will say that these are a must have. Can you smoke a cigarette behind the windscreen? I doubt it but these cut down the buffeting in a major way and still allow you to have a nice, more even airflow. My friends with Road Kings always raved about the fork mounted wind deflectors and now I know why.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I received my fork mounted wind deflectors for my Springfield on Friday and mounted them on Saturday. I ordered a set for the Vintage as Joe (the owner of JES) and I were under the impression that the measurements were the same, however, we were wrong. The Springfield is slightly different and Joe is aware of the issue and will address it for future Springfield orders.

Onto the good news...these deflectors are GREAT! They cut down on the buffeting and I couldn't believe the improvement. We had heavy winds yesterday so I definitely put them to the test. I even ran them up to 90+mph and will say that these are a must have. Can you smoke a cigarette behind the windscreen? I doubt it but these cut down the buffeting in a major way and still allow you to have a nice, more even airflow. My friends with Road Kings always raved about the fork mounted wind deflectors and now I know why.

How do you like the windshield itself? I bought a new Springfield this week and love everything about it but I am a little disappointed in the wind protection. It is simply not as effective as my 2001 Road King was. I think part of the priblem is the huge gap between the bottom of the screen and the headlight? Just more helnet buffeting than am used to. But what an incredilbe machine!!

·
Founding member / rider
893 Posts
Excellent, I had a feeling that they would work as well as the ones on the Road King. The difference with and with out is amazing.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Thanks So Much for the Great review of my Wind Deflectors for the Vintage/Springfield Indian Motor Cycles.
For anyone Interested her is a link to my Indian MC products

Indian MC

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do you like the windshield itself? I bought a new Springfield this week and love everything about it but I am a little disappointed in the wind protection. It is simply not as effective as my 2001 Road King was. I think part of the priblem is the huge gap between the bottom of the screen and the headlight? Just more helnet buffeting than am used to. But what an incredilbe machine!!

HI this is JES from JES Custom Accents, in my wind tunnel testing the issue is really not the huge gap between the screen and headlight but, the wind that comes from the bottom of the bike, where you would mount the wind deflectors I have designed, just for the Indian. If you would like to talk off line please fell free to call me. just go the site and see my Cell # or drop an email. If can help in any way let me know...THNAKS

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
HI this is JES from JES Custom Accents, in my wind tunnel testing the issue is really not the huge gap between the screen and headlight but, the wind that comes from the bottom of the bike, where you would mount the wind deflectors I have designed, just for the Indian. If you would like to talk off line please fell free to call me. just go the site and see my Cell # or drop an email. If can help in any way let me know...THNAKS
JES, you have any date as to when you expect to have the Springfield Wind Deflectors ready? Keep checking your site and they are Coming Soon.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
JES, you have any date as to when you expect to have the Springfield Wind Deflectors ready? Keep checking your site and they are Coming Soon.
Ones for the Chieftain and Roadmaster should be out soon, been testing a pair on my 2015 Chieftain for him, they work great.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Rider
521 Posts
Same here regarding the windshield, I Am seriously considering ordering the taller windshield to help with head buffeting (im5'10) but a bit concerned regarding the look with the 3 inch taller shield.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same here regarding the windshield, I Am seriously considering ordering the taller windshield to help with head buffeting (im5'10) but a bit concerned regarding the look with the 3 inch taller shield.
I am convinced a taller windshield is not the answer. When are riding, take one of your hands and place it palm down on the side of your gas tank. You will notice 2 things, first there is a crap liad of wind rushing up. And secobd, the wind on that side of head will almost completely stop. Fork mounted deflectirs will cure a lot of that and are ceheaper than a windshield.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Just got off the phone with Joe from JES, we spoke a few minutes and just order a pair for my new Springfield, looking forward to receiving them. Thanks Joe
(now have to remember "scoop goes forward")
Curious, are they ones for the Springfield or do you have to re-drill the holes to fit? "The Scope Goes Forward?" guess you need to see it to understand...LOL.

·
Rider
521 Posts
Speaking with Joe about the installation on the Springfield, he explained it's just a 5-10 minute installation process without drilling anything, he supplies all the hardware necessary for the install. Mine should be coming in a few weeks, I keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Curious, are they ones for the Springfield or do you have to re-drill the holes to fit? "The Scope Goes Forward?" guess you need to see it to understand...LOL.
The guy at JES knows what he needs to do for the Springfield as long as he knows he is building them for a Springfield. Its the scoop goes forward, or the angle?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Thanks Earman67 and 16springfield, saw them on New Mexico Boondocker's bike, but seems he had to drill them to fit and JESs website sez they are coming soon. But if he is making some for your Springfield then I guess it's time to place an order. Just have a bit of a heartburn for Plastic and a strip of chromed metal for $250 and JES's all chromed and stronger looking for $170. I have seen the plastic/Chrome ones broken or cracked so prefer to go with all metal.
Looke forward to your review of the defectors. Have to say the pictures are hard to see Chrome against Chrome, might make the "Scoop to the Front" comment make sense...LOL.

·
Rider
521 Posts
I didn't understand it at first either but I think what he means is that by scoop the chrome is probably bent on I 45 to 90° angle to pick up the air and deflect it where some people think that that's scoop goes on the inside (facing rider) if you look at the picture closely you can see on the corner there's like a 45 to 70 or 90° angle. Joe if you're around correct me if I'm right or wrong I will take good pictures when I get mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts