Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the joker machine fork dual rat eye turn signals and rear dual rat eyes. I installed the front ones first and the outside bulb on the left wouldn't light up. Then I turned the signal on and it would flash normally. You can see this by the attached photos. I called joker machine and they sent me a pack of new bulbs, I installed a new bulb and rewired. I used solder to connect the wires and heat shrink to connect to the wires on the stock harness and then plugged it in.
After installation of the new bulb and rewiring, I have the same issue. I called joker machine, explained the issue, mentioned my aftermarket headlight. I reinstalled the stock headlight and I have the same issue.
I installed the rear lights no problem.
Any ideas?
Joker machine advised me to call custom dynamics to see what they say, but since they are on the east coast, I will wait till tomorrow.
I also tested just the replacement bulb and it works just just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I replaced the working LED in that set and now the whole thing works. I dont know too much about electrical, but its fixed now.

Big thanks to @jayfast for his instructions on YouTube and Joker Machine for their customer service.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Ahh, the mysteries of CANBus.

Yet somehow R2D2 was able to poke a probe into any old network port on the Death Star and get anything he wanted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How do you like the turn signals? I'm looking at purchasing some of their turn signals as well. Did you need to purchase any resistors or is it just direct wiring from the original wiring harness?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you like the turn signals? I'm looking at purchasing some of their turn signals as well. Did you need to purchase any resistors or is it just direct wiring from the original wiring harness?
I love them. Super bright. The resistors were needed in the rear, not the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts