Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five Scouts are in. One has been picked up. Ryan said they are coming in color batches rather than by vins. So, if you ordered a red or silver one, you should be getting it sooner. Of course, I had to order a black smoke. Oddly, more silver came in at Hinshaws than red.

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,072 Posts
Well be watching this thread with great interest. I'm 32 on the list, so I guess this shipment bumps me up to number 26!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wish the 'red' ones were also sent to AZ as my dealer has only gotten 2 in and none are red! I am the 1st Red one :confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Five Scouts are in. One has been picked up. Ryan said they are coming in color batches rather than by vins. So, if you ordered a red or silver one, you should be getting it sooner. Of course, I had to order a black smoke. Oddly, more silver came in at Hinshaws than red.
I like the way they have them displayed, so everyone can drool with out messing up someone's Scout, still waiting for mine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear,Mountainside! I ve never been to their new building. We moved to OR a few years ago from Mt Vernon. We lived in Woodinville and Everett before that. There is not one Indian dealership in Oregon. Hinshaws is the closest to us.

So..what do you think of it so far? I m guessing that engine is very similar to the 998cc Rotax in the CanAm Spyder.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Go figure, I ordered thunder black August 7th. Talked to my dealer in Indy yesterday, they have 2 of nine first runs in, neither is mine. Guess I shouldn't have trimmed the Christmas tree up so high.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Go figure, I ordered thunder black August 7th. Talked to my dealer in Indy yesterday, they have 2 of nine first runs in, neither is mine. Guess I shouldn't have trimmed the Christmas tree up so high.
Hey just wondering what others from this dealer are experiencing. Heard in a few threads where dealers are installing things like battery tender plugs as part of the dealer set up. Asked about that today and was told that was not part of setup at Auburn.

·
3,072 Posts
There was no mention of that when I ordered mine through Ryan. No big deal for me, I've got it waiting. I can put it on.

Kudos to these guys though, they are always friendly and straightforward with my questions and bugging them on the phone.

I dont like waiting, but I know they're doing the best they can.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There was no mention of that when I ordered mine through Ryan. No big deal for me, I've got it waiting. I can put it on.

Kudos to these guys though, they are always friendly and straightforward with my questions and bugging them on the phone.

I dont like waiting, but I know they're doing the best they can.
Yea don't get me wrong I've had a good experience so far. The little extra's can make a difference though.

·
6,027 Posts
$6.86 on Amazon, free shipping with Prime. Two zip ties. 10 minutes if you take a break to take a beer swig. Good way to get to know you battery... With that said, my dealer does it on all their bikes, a nice gesture however small.

·
Registered
39 Posts
#17 on the list for a gloss black. I'm anxious to get it, but I'd rather they take their time with QC vs. shipping fast. I had to come up from Portland to buy. Rumor is the local Polaris/Victory dealer is close to signing on. Would be nice to have a local dealer but Hinshaw has been nothing but great so far. Battery tender is such an easy / cheap deal, I'm surprised they don't slap one on. Most dealers are doing it now, as they tend to get a sale on the actual tender.

·
Registered
161 Posts
#17 on the list for a gloss black. I'm anxious to get it, but I'd rather they take their time with QC vs. shipping fast. I had to come up from Portland to buy. Rumor is the local Polaris/Victory dealer is close to signing on. Would be nice to have a local dealer but Hinshaw has been nothing but great so far. Battery tender is such an easy / cheap deal, I'm surprised they don't slap one on. Most dealers are doing it now, as they tend to get a sale on the actual tender.
Be forewarned!! Hinshaws sucks big time!! My bro and I bave bought 2 bikes from them and their service has been the worst!! We both ride to Lynwood now. Much better!!

·
3,072 Posts
I was told that among the gloss black list, although I'm number 32 on the overall list, I'm the 7th for the gloss black. Hopefully soon!

·
Registered
207 Posts
My dealership (Jackson,Ms.) put on a tender plug when I had my stage ones installed!
For the price of those pipes they should have;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts