Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
My reason was simple, cost.

it was going to be approx $2000.00 more for the 69.

I do like the look of those silver heads but I was able to get the Indian performance intake installed as a free accessory with my 60 purchase. I bought slip ons and a tune for $680.00 and it gave me 69 performance on my 60.

60 is a great bike and I have zero regrets!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I mostly chose it for a color that was suddenly offered on regular scouts the next year... bummer. I was interested in the bore kit for the scouts and sixty so initial size didn't really matter, also because I sized down to a dual sport for two years and anything larger was plenty enough.
I did end up spending nearly as much for my sixty (the way I wanted) as I probably could have gotten a regular black scout without accessories for, but I was already planning to move up to a chief after a few years at that point so I figured why not just enjoy it for the time being.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My reason was simple, cost.

it was going to be approx $2000.00 more for the 69.

I do like the look of those silver heads but I was able to get the Indian performance intake installed as a free accessory with my 60 purchase. I bought slip ons and a tune for $680.00 and it gave me 69 performance on my 60.

60 is a great bike and I have zero regrets!
What slip ons and tune?

·
Registered
58 Posts
my last bike was a 650, so anything was an upgrade. Getting down to brass tacks, the price. I could get the 60 and save 2k, put that money into upgrades, and still have an amazing performance bike.

I will likely pick up something bigger in the future either as my next upgrade or as a second and keep this as a commuter.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
Price, I found a new old stock 2018 last year and I got a good deal on it since the dealership needed to move it.

Color: I love the blacked out appearance and I like the paint scheme of my bike too.

Completely happy with my choice

That looks awesome!! Perfect detail on the Corbin seat also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Price and leas chrome

I don't race so the extra power is not needed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just curious what was deciding factors for you.
Price was a major factor, plus love the blacked-out engine and bodywork colour. Gave me plenty of opportunities to change and upgrade as I like.
Just in the process of fitting a front 7 inch Light bucket and LED lamp. Will post pictures on “What have you done to you Scout today” when done.
Best looking Scout. Nice black frame -- not goofy grey.
Price was fantastic and it goes plenty fast.
Price was major factor for me too, plus that lively blacked-out engine and frame and the opportunity to customise more given the price saving. Just in the process of fitting a 7 inch light bucket and LED - will post more pictures on "What did you do to your scout today" once done(y)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts