Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Indian Chieftain DH , 2022 Scout 60 Mini bagger, 2021 Scout Bobber
230 Posts
I'm considering this mod but have a question. Did you keep the stock 16" front wheel/tire or go with something larger to match the 18" rear? If so, what size?
240 so you are getting a different swing arm as well

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,365 Posts
I went larger than 240 but both front and rear got swapped out for 18”. With the lower profile tires the 18” rolling radius is 1” smaller than the standard 16” wheels and the speedo is spot on!

As already mentioned a wider swing arm is not required when going 240. Standard seat will also NOT fit!

·
Registered
65 Posts
One more thing, can you use the stock seat if you don't use the rear fender that comes in the full kit??
No, because you have to remove the stock fender, and that's where the rear seat slots into. It'll be hanging by the front pin.
I'm sure some people have fabricated something up though, You will need a close off plate for where the stock fender bolted to the frame.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 Indian Chieftain DH , 2022 Scout 60 Mini bagger, 2021 Scout Bobber
230 Posts
I went larger than 240 but both front and rear got swapped out for 18”. With the lower profile tires the 18” rolling radius is 1” smaller than the standard 16” wheels and the speedo is spot on!

As already mentioned a wider swing arm is not required when going 240. Standard seat will also NOT fit!

OK question for you on the 18 front what tire did you go with ?

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,365 Posts
^^ Avon Cobra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts