Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale NETCA (New England Train Collectors Association) Indian Motorcycle Box car. Only 356 of these were made in 2006. It is new in the box. It was made to commemorate the original Indian Motorcycles factory in Springfield.
I've collected Lionel Trains for over 50 years, and unknown to my Daughter, had one. She came across one and got it for my birthday, as a gift in my Granddaughters name.

So, not needing two, I'm selling mine, and keeping the one my Granddaughter (my riding buddy) gave me.

They trade on Ebay and at auctions (rarely, there were only 356 made) for $180-$200.

Just thought I'd see if anyone here collected Lionel Trains, and may be interested before I list it on Ebay, thinking it may mean more to someone with an Indian that also is into trains.

More information here: NETCA Commemorative Cars
(scroll down to 2006)

The Lionel # of this "uncatalogued" item is 6-52418 It is out of production, no more will be made.

I'm looking for $150.00, and will ship it Priority at no extra charge (In the USA)

The photos are from the internet, the train is in its box as received.

PM me if you have any questions, or are interested.

Jim Mulvey
Muscle Arm Chest Font Barechested
Transport Vehicle Mode of transport Motor vehicle Trailer
Carton Automotive exterior Auto part Box

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,267 Posts
Cool!

·
Silver member
3,713 Posts
That's neat but I find it interesting that the position of the war bonnet is wrong. Would have thought they controlled the branding better when licensed, or was this when the brand had no active owner?

·
Bronze member
1,769 Posts
That's neat but I find it interesting that the position of the war bonnet is wrong. Would have thought they controlled the branding better when licensed, or was this when the brand had no active owner?
2006?

I’m guessing no one was really in charge

Maybe that issue might make it more valuable? Or less??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The train was offered for sale dated 2006 that would have put it in the KM / Stellican era. But I suspect the artwork / production may have been done in 2005 when the brand was an orphan.
And you are correct, the war bonnet is "high".

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t collect but if you get to $100 shipped let me know
I will. The price of the train was $125.00 at issue, admittedly an absurd amount of money for a plastic toy train.But that's what Lionel gets for them. I was looking to just "push it", I doubt it (in spite of being severely limited production) will ever be worth a fortune, Just didn't really want to jerk around with Ebay, and figured it may find a 'better home here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.