Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is no cure for this particular problem, so let's just consider this a vent. I am one of those type of people who search an issue until I am at least somewhat satisfied with the answer. Having said that, I wish I had a dollar for every time I have followed a post with an issue similar to mine( speaking generically) only to have it just trail off into the abiss. What was the outcome with the Roadmaster, I believe it was. In Las Vegas with the engine locked up ? Why was one member given a new bike? My vintage makes some noises here and there, but nothing to even consider not riding over, but I am curious as to what they are. IF I HAD CLACKER it would be a damn sight more than curiosity!!!!!! I guess my point is , if you have figured out where that annoying squeak, bump, screech,or screaming is coming from please take the time to let us know. Now if I can find some help off of the soap box..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I know there is no cure for this particular problem, so let's just consider this a vent. I am one of those type of people who search an issue until I am at least somewhat satisfied with the answer. Having said that, I wish I had a dollar for every time I have followed a post with an issue similar to mine( speaking generically) only to have it just trail off into the abiss. What was the outcome with the Roadmaster, I believe it was. In Las Vegas with the engine locked up ? Why was one member given a new bike? My vintage makes some noises here and there, but nothing to even consider not riding over, but I am curious as to what they are. IF I HAD CLACKER it would be a damn sight more than curiosity!!!!!! I guess my point is , if you have figured out where that annoying squeak, bump, screech,or screaming is coming from please take the time to let us know. Now if I can find some help off of the soap box..
Well said mate I have a CLACKER it is my lot in life to stand up for all the CLACKERS in the world they know who they are & if you are not a CLACKERS we are perceived to be knockers of the Brand we are not we are the unfortunate few who have CLACKERS & this is no fault of our own making it is a design issue only so fix it Polaris CLACK,CLACK

·
Super Moderator
4,914 Posts
I feel you pain roaddawg, I too wanted to get some info on those two situations, neither poster ever answered. There have been a few posters who came back and gave us follow ups to their problems.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Good points and i agree! I am not a mechanic and even little things can be so trivial! However with all the Indians on the road these days, ya think we at some point might notice the same things! I wonder if we started a mechanics thread, specific to those type of questions!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good points and i agree! I am not a mechanic and even little things can be so trivial! However with all the Indians on the road these days, ya think we at some point might notice the same things! I wonder if we started a mechanics thread, specific to those type of questions!
That might be a good idea if only real mechanics replied, and the discontented did not reply except to say, THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
So... no one here has owned a Harley?? I find that hard to believe. Clack Clack ain't crap crap. Harleys have the same clack clack but they have always been king of the squeak squeak, knock knock, &@^#^#&, WTF? WTF?, is that my bike?, crunch crunch, Oh Sh*t, PLPTTTTTTTTTH, and let us not forget the whoompa whoompa on bumpy roads.

Polaris has a long way to go to catch up with HD but at least we got our clack, clack.

:):);)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,050 Posts
Good morning,
Yeah, I wish some of those folks would post concerning the outcome on the problems they've encountered, but its totally voluntary after all. When the tranny on my '99 V92C blew it didn't take much poking around on the boards to realize I wasn't the Lone Ranger on that issue. I've learned quite a bit here. When it comes to mechanic's advice on the boards, just remember, its free, so take it for what its worth.
--- Randall

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good morning,
Yeah, I wish some of those folks would post concerning the outcome on the problems they've encountered, but its totally voluntary after all. When the tranny on my '99 V92C blew it didn't take much poking around on the boards to realize I wasn't the Lone Ranger on that issue. I've learned quite a bit here. When it comes to mechanic's advice on the boards, just remember, its free, so take it for what its worth.
--- Randall
Thanks for your wisdom as all ways from my point of view if the stealer tells me there is nothing wrong IS HE RIGHT CLACK,CLACK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts