Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the FOBO tire pressure monitoring system. I’ve had my 18 Springfield for almost 3 years and the TPMS on the rear tire is hit and miss and is probably about to die. The front tire still works. My understanding is the sensor is good for about 2-3 years and appears expensive to replace. Does anyone have the FOBO system and is it worth it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Been looking at the FOBO tire pressure monitoring system. I’ve had my 18 Springfield for almost 3 years and the TPMS on the rear tire is hit and miss and is probably about to die. The front tire still works. My understanding is the sensor is good for about 2-3 years and appears expensive to replace. Does anyone have the FOBO system and is it worth it.
I’ve had my FOBO 2 for 3 months now. I like it a lot. Pressure readings are immediate. No need to ride around the block to wake tpms. If I had to do over again. I would purchase the set for trikes and put the 3rd one on my rear air shock.
I have aftermarket wheels on my chieftain and didn’t want to modify them to use the tpms off of my stock wheels.

·
Founding member
1,132 Posts
Great info, my front tire TPMS has never worked great and now doesn't work at all. This sounds like an easy fix. Good thinking about the Trike option, would be nice to keep up with Shock pressure... my current method is when the Mrs tells me "The bike road a bit rough today", which 90% of the time means the shock pressure is to low.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The TPMS for your bike aren't actually that expensive. If you buy them from the dealer they are ridiculously expensive though. Just get them from after market so you dont pay the OE mark up. Just wait until you need a tire and have them put the new sensor on. You will need to have the dealer program the new sensor to the bike, or just buy a $10 TPMS relearn tool on ebay and do it yourself.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/for-motorcycle-tire-pressure-sensor-oem-2412417/435881945.html

·
Registered
491 Posts
The TPMS for your bike aren't actually that expensive. If you buy them from the dealer they are ridiculously expensive though. Just get them from after market so you dont pay the OE mark up. Just wait until you need a tire and have them put the new sensor on. You will need to have the dealer program the new sensor to the bike, or just buy a $10 TPMS relearn tool on ebay and do it yourself.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/for-motorcycle-tire-pressure-sensor-oem-2412417/435881945.html

[/URL]
Nice!! Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the FOBO 2 sensors on my Scout. No complaints. It does what it's supposed to do and well.

·
Rider
1,210 Posts
Just call up Chris in the middle of your ride, "Chris, I'm riding on the 91 east. It's 87°, I started with 36psi in the front and 41psi in the rear and I've been riding for about 20 mins so far. What's my tire pressure now?" :LOL:

·
Bronze member
1,038 Posts
I have the original FOBO TPMS on my trike and have had them for several years now and they are great. Crossed checked their accuracy against a tyre pressure gauge when I first got them and they were in .2 PSI of the gauge. The FOBO 2 could only be better.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just call up Chris in the middle of your ride, "Chris, I'm riding on the 91 east. It's 87°, I started with 36psi in the front and 41psi in the rear and I've been riding for about 20 mins so far. What's my tire pressure now?" :LOL:
Thats funny, cuz he still works on my bike even though he isn’t at the dealership...... it’s all about relationships and trust. You guys were great to me.

·
Rider
1,210 Posts
Thats funny, cuz he still works on my bike even though he isn’t at the dealership...... it’s all about relationships and trust. You guys were great to me.
I know he's still working on your bike. That's why I made the joke. I see him often. We were just hanging out this past weekend. And not too long ago, I had just showed up at his place and you had left just few minutes before I had gotten there. I'm glad he's still taking care of your bike. That's really cool.

·
Bronze member
2,985 Posts
FYI: You can buy that same EXACT sensor from Ali Express for 11 bucks,NOT 102 bucks which is what Indian charges for the SAME EXACT SENSOR,which ,BTW, carries the same exact part number on it.I bought two of em cause I too have the same exact problem with my rear wheel sensor which I will be changing the next time I change my rear tire.Dave!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts