Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up this tire monitoring system for my Scout and wondered if anyone else has it and how they like it. I did a search and I didn't find any recent discussions. Any problems specifically on the Scout? I don't see anything that it might rub on but I might be missing something. Also, i did read where someone mentioned that they felt like they had to change out the batteries too often. I think that was with version 1. Any improvements with version 2? Anyway, any experiences are welcome. Thanks.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
I had the FOBO on my 2012 SESG and moved them to my '15 SERGU. They worked great on both bikes and the app on the phone was really handy but I could only check the pressure when stopped and getting the phone out. I still checked the air manually from time to time at first to make sure they were working properly. Once I was OK with everything, I let them work as designed. Battery life was ok on the sensors. I changed them out every few (4 or 5) months or when I noticed the battery level was below 1/4. I did go about 8 months once so musta been gooder batteries that time around.

A few months before I traded for the Chieftain, both sensors stopped working. Knowing I was considering trading soon to something that had TPMS already installed, I removed them and went back to manual checks. They worked solid for almost 6 years with three 3,000 mile trips along with a LOT of shorter riding. I would recommend them based on my experience. Yes, I would purchase again if I ever get another bike without TPMS.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the FOBO on my 2012 SESG and moved them to my '15 SERGU. They worked great on both bikes and the app on the phone was really handy but I could only check the pressure when stopped and getting the phone out. I still checked the air manually from time to time at first to make sure they were working properly. Once I was OK with everything, I let them work as designed. Battery life was ok on the sensors. I changed them out every few (4 or 5) months or when I noticed the battery level was below 1/4. I did go about 8 months once so musta been gooder batteries that time around.

A few months before I traded for the Chieftain, both sensors stopped working. Knowing I was considering trading soon to something that had TPMS already installed, I removed them and went back to manual checks. They worked solid for almost 6 years with three 3,000 mile trips along with a LOT of shorter riding. I would recommend them based on my experience. Yes, I would purchase again if I ever get another bike without TPMS.
thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.....and I like the idea of the info going to my phone instead of the mounted screen. Especially since i mount my phone on the handlebars anyway.

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
I hadn’t seen that one when I was looking at these.
More expensive than the SYKIK brand I have, and there is a smartphone app version for it too. SRTP210

Well I was about to say I’d be concerned about the size and weight, however it looks like the version 2 uses a smaller battery like mine does.
First time I looked at them it was showing large CR2032 batteries and 1 inch diameter. Guessing that was original version.

There’s no problem with the Scout rims as far as clearance goes, especially since the valve is located in the center of the rims.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hadn’t seen that one when I was looking at these.
More expensive than the SYKIK brand I have, and there is a smartphone app version for it too. SRTP210

Well I was about to say I’d be concerned about the size and weight, however it looks like the version 2 uses a smaller battery like mine does.
First time I looked at them it was showing large CR2032 batteries and 1 inch diameter. Guessing that was original version.

There’s no problem with the Scout rims as far as clearance goes, especially since the valve is located in the center of the rims.
thanks

·
Bronze member
1,038 Posts
I have the FOBO on my BOOM Mustang trike and they work very well. I recommend them.

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Icon ABS
90 Posts
I tried the SYKIK version using the app, and honestly I couldn't tell if the damn thing ever connected. It was Bluetooth, but the pressures never changed. I suspected the batteries, but new ones didn't make a difference. Just MHO, I would rather have a handlebar mounted permanent solution that I know is working.

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
I see the numbers on mine change every time I start riding, just shows previous numbers at first. I think the change takes place within half minute but I’ve never actually timed it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up this tire monitoring system for my Scout and wondered if anyone else has it and how they like it. I did a search and I didn't find any recent discussions. Any problems specifically on the Scout? I don't see anything that it might rub on but I might be missing something. Also, i did read where someone mentioned that they felt like they had to change out the batteries too often. I think that was with version 1. Any improvements with version 2? Anyway, any experiences are welcome. Thanks.
Yes, I have that very model. They work great. They include an extra set of batteries and I’m glad because one of the batteries in one of the devices was very low when I purchased them. Super easy to change out though. There are other less expensive options but I’ve never tried them. Perhaps they all might work just as well. I’m happy with these though. I’ve read they can can have issues with rubber valve stems but the Scout’s stems are metal and I’ve never had a problem. However, if you do have rubber stems the Fobo system comes with replacement valves to change them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts