Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rider
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes . . . I did a "Search" and either my search skills suck or there was a glitch. After 5 years my FOB has taken a beating and is being held together with electrical tape. I know both my factory and personal PIN to start up the bike without the FOB. My question for the group is - what's the cost for a replacement FOB? I'm riding a 2015 Vintage.

Ride safe, ride lucky and stay healthy . . .
TR

·
Rider
747 Posts
I had to replace my Springfield FOB. It's a two button remote (I think your vintage might be different). The PN for my remote is 4014121 and the MSRP is about $115. I ordered online and found it for around $80. Once you get your remote, you will also need to pay your dealer to program it with their digital wrench. It's about a 5 minute job, but your dealer will probably charge you about 1/2 hour of their rate. For me that was about $65.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
973 Posts
A few years ago I purchased a new fob case for my 2014 Classic. I bought it off of Amazon for about $20, it's a 2 button fob case and the insides of your original fob will fit right in. The bonus you'll receive is that you'll now have the buttons to ARM your built in Indian alarm that you didn't even know you had on your bike. Plus, you won't need to reprogram your fob as you'll still be using your original programming. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Kost and TallRider

·
Bronze member
1,237 Posts
About 1 year ago or a bit more I wanted to get a spare FOB, because they only give you one when you buy the bike. It cost me about $100 (plus or minus $5) for the two-button fob WITH the Indian logo sticker. The dealer charged me nothing to pair it to my '16 Roadmaster. My brother got one too for his Vintage and found out that if he got the two-button fob, it would operate his alarm as well.

·
Rider
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your fob still works you might want to try just getting a new housing. You can get them for $10-$15. I swapped mine out on my DH to a button fob and now the alarm works :)
That's exactly what I need - just a new case. Searching for a part number and/or source for that now.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
That's exactly what I need - just a new case. Searching for a part number and/or source for that now.
When they started selling the new empty fob cases they used to charge extra for the Indian logo stick-on badge. Just a heads up in case they are still doing this.

·
Registered
223 Posts
A few years ago I purchased a new fob case for my 2014 Classic. I bought it off of Amazon for about $20, it's a 2 button fob case and the insides of your original fob will fit right in. The bonus you'll receive is that you'll now have the buttons to ARM your built in Indian alarm that you didn't even know you had on your bike. Plus, you won't need to reprogram your fob as you'll still be using your original programming. Hope this helps.
Separate buttons to arm the alarm? I set it now by pressing the bag lock button twice.

·
Bronze member
1,237 Posts
Separate buttons to arm the alarm? I set it now by pressing the bag lock button twice.
This what we were told at our dealership. The models with hard luggage get remotes with two buttons and it allows the remote locking & unlocking of the luggage that also arms/disarms the security alarm. The more basic models with one button remotes have the alarm system as part of their on-bike electronics, but without the two button remote, the alarm goes unused. So buying a two-button remote adds the operation of the alarm system that models without hard luggage have but isn't normally usable.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
When they started selling the new empty fob cases they used to charge extra for the Indian logo stick-on badge. Just a heads up in case they are still doing this.
I just moved my Indian logo sticker to the new housing.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
973 Posts
The Classic's and the Vintage bikes came with no button on your key fob - mine was the same on my 14 Classic. Only the fairing bikes had the 2-button fobs. Therefore, you had no way to turn on the built in alarm that CAME with your bike. With a new key fob 2-button case, you will now be able to turn the alarm on and off. The guts (electronics) from you old fob will fit in the new case.

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Well mine left me stranded in a grocery store parking lot battery died and didn’t have my reading glasses with me. Thankfully I keep a small tool kit in the saddle bag to unscrew the philllips head on the remote. So I broke the plastic piece that helped hold the battery in place cause I couldn’t see that damn copper piece that slides over top of the battery. I left the back off and held the battery in place with one and started the bike so I could get home. Was the original battery 2 years old. I have both the OEM FOB that came with my Vintage when I got home I put my glasses on changed out the battery in the stock FOB and gorilla glued the other piece back and let it sit for a while...works fine. Damn over engineering for a FOB

·
German Rider
1,732 Posts
Could have used the pin code and changed out battery later - with glasses.

Cu,
Sven

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
973 Posts
I always carry spare fob batteries on my bike, they are CR2032's. They also are the same batteries my Harley friends need as well, I've already helped out several that were stuck and didn't know their codes. I agree with Demolition Man, know your pin code.

Reactions: theMucker

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Well mine left me stranded in a grocery store parking lot battery died and didn’t have my reading glasses with me. Thankfully I keep a small tool kit in the saddle bag to unscrew the philllips head on the remote. So I broke the plastic piece that helped hold the battery in place cause I couldn’t see that damn copper piece that slides over top of the battery. I left the back off and held the battery in place with one and started the bike so I could get home. Was the original battery 2 years old. I have both the OEM FOB that came with my Vintage when I got home I put my glasses on changed out the battery in the stock FOB and gorilla glued the other piece back and let it sit for a while...works fine. Damn over engineering for a FOB
Getting old, eh? LOL. Even at 69 yrs old can see great far away, but I can't see up close fer shit without my dollar store readers :geek:

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
315 Posts
If you have a no button fob you can squeeze the fob just below the small led . You have to push twice to activate the factory alarm. 2 squeezes should give you one honk to let you know it is armed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put my FOB in my gun safe the day I bought my RM and it stays there. I always use my PIN. That keeps my FOB safe and my PIN in my constant memory, where it all needs to be or I lose it. I don't even need to think about my PIN; my fingers know what to do as soon as I sit on my bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts