Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery on my Roadmaster today and had an extra part dangling around at the end of the process. I believe this is the FOB receiver. Can anyone confirm where the receiver is supposed to go? I saw one post suggesting it goes in front of the battery. I assume that means the receiver should be attached (double sided tape) to the exterior of the battery case (front side of the battery). Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
On my bike, that receiver sits atop the battery cover, underneath the VCM, just in front of the main body of the VCM, where the connectors are. You can probably see an outline of it on the cover, left by the adhesive. It is also the receiver for the TPMS.

·
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my bike, that receiver sits atop the battery cover, underneath the VCM, just in front of the main body of the VCM, where the connectors are. You can probably see an outline of it on the cover, left by the adhesive. It is also the receiver for the TPMS.
Thanks for the feedback. I saw the tape on the receiver, but wasn’t able to locate the outline of the tape. I probably needed to look closer. I decided to place the receiver on top of the VCM, using duct tape to hold it in place...the adhesive on the unit is no longer sticky. After I closed everything up I went for a long ride and everything worked fine.....no issues with the FOB or TPMS. Any thoughts on whether placing the receiver on top of the VCM will create problems? Since this is only a receiving unit and the original placement was so close to the VCM I wouldn’t anticipate any issues. I’m trying to avoid all the work required to gain access to that area.....one of the few pet peeves I have with the Roadmaster.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
Any thoughts on whether placing the receiver on top of the VCM will create problems?

I’m trying to avoid all the work required to gain access to that area.....one of the few pet peeves I have with the Roadmaster.
The only problem is that it's another thing to move if the VCM has to come off. That's a minor thing if it's only duct tape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts