Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a local restaurant here in Silver City the other day and when I went to leave my fob wouldn’t unlock the bags and the switch on the tank didn’t work either. Pushed the power button and the no fob detected screen came up and had to put in the security code to start it. Went to the gas station about a quarter mile away to fill up. Every thing worked fine and has ever sense. Guy I was riding with said another roadmaster that stops in there has had the same issue a few times but not always. Any one else experience anything like this?

·
Rider
1,147 Posts
I have heard the fobs are flakey at times with other items in the pocket.
Did you reach into your pocket and try unlocking with fob inside with other items then trying the tank unlock button?
If you physically had it out in hand and was nogo then guess this isnt your problem.

·
Founding member
2,188 Posts
Agree with Mr. X and Vrat, metallic items like keys, knife, phone can attenuate the signal causing failure for the handshake to occur between the fob and bike ... remedy - keep the fob in a separate pocket from other things.

Other things with transmissions in the same frequency range can also affect the signal ... remedy - first try holding the fob close to the bike (maybe on the other side of bike). If is still fails, move the bike a few feet to a different spot and repeat. If it still fails, use the PIN to start the bike and ride away - as you did.

·
Rider
796 Posts
Not on the RM but on all 3 Harley Twin Cams. 2 times by air ports, Sea Tac and Boise Id and another time at a truck stop near San Antonio, Tx if I remember correctly. Lots of stray RF, etc around an airport, any way thats what I suspected. No problem once I got out of the area. It pays to know how to start with the security code.

Reactions: jayred1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts